Sunday Morning Music

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks I will definitely pick this one up.

If you like that one, you should definitely get this one as well. The Clayton Brothers "Back in the Swing of Things". A great album, and part of what I listened to yesterday myself...

Attachments

• Clayton Bros.jpg
    Clayton Bros.jpg
    18.1 KB · Views: 304
Sunday music this weekend.......another fantastic album, recorded live at The Basement in Sydney back in 2001. The digital trumpet is something amazing, but sadly not the full potential this bizzare instrument is capable of.....

Probably my greatest auditory pleasure was when I saw James Morrison playing the AKAI EVI1000 at The Basement. A true full-range instrument = a big :)

A crying shame that gig was never recorded!

Attachments

• 0001276444_350.jpg
    0001276444_350.jpg
    19.4 KB · Views: 271
Last edited:
Just purchased the Typhoon / White Lighter CD based on one song I heard on NPR. Typhoon is a Seattle based band consisting of 11 or so members.

To these elderly ears, which listens to mainly classical and jazz, this Folk / Rock CD is magical. Not a bad song on the entire album.

Right up there with the best Dire Straits, Pink Floyd, etc. that I have in my collection.

Very original, great mix of vocals (excellent lead vocal), drums, electric guitars, bass,etc. and it sounds pretty darn good. No "match book" lyrics here.

Highly recommended.

GG

Steely Dan is my favorite group in the whole wide world! "The Royal Scam" is probably my favorite Dan album. Excellent choice!!!

Finally got around to playing the Clayton Brothers music.

This is really a good album Tim.

If you find parts of your body aren't moving while listening to this you better check for a pulse.

My Sunday afternoon music was the Mahler Symphony #2 (Resurrection) performed by Leonard Slatkin and the St. Louis Symphony, soloist Kathleen Battle, on a Telarc disk. This performance is, for me at least, an intense emotional experience. It is guaranteed to give your playback system a thorough workout.

Cherian quote
"I was Hong Kong Records and I heard this voice that totally blew me away. At the counter they had a stack of Chantal Chamberland “Serendipity Street” and the label on the stack said now playing. I picked up the HD format of the cd and took it home. When I got it home I played it and was very taken by her voice and the production quality of this CD. I highly recommend this CD."

Listened to the Redbook version of Chantal last night. Nice sultry voice matches the bluesy sound of many of the tracks on the CD. This is a better than the average recording without the "processing" (for lack of a better term) many CD's have.

Very simple instrumentation with very clear vocals. This is a group that you could hear live and I would bet they could sound just like the recording.

If you enjoy traditional/country songs this is a cd for you. It is a remake of the Everly Brothers album Songs My Daddy Taught Me.

I had no idea who Billie Joe Armstrong was but I figured I'd give it a chance based on Norah Jones singing with him.

Turns out he is the front man for Green Day which didn't really mean much since I'd never followed their music.

It's simple well recorded cd with a nice balance of vocals to instrumentation. If you liked the Everly Brothers I can't imaging you won't like this music.

Attachments

• billie and norah.jpg
    billie and norah.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 155
If you enjoy traditional/country songs this is a cd for you. It is a remake of the Everly Brothers album Songs My Daddy Taught Me.

I had no idea who Billie Joe Armstrong was but I figured I'd give it a chance based on Norah Jones singing with him.

Turns out he is the front man for Green Day which didn't really mean much since I'd never followed their music.

It's simple well recorded cd with a nice balance of vocals to instrumentation. If you liked the Everly Brothers I can't imaging you won't like this music.

My father says it's pretty great. I haven't heard it yet, but it's on my list.

Back