Sunday Morning Music

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Same here about Adele; she does make you laugh with her filthy language. I bought the Blu-ray after MPS's review as well. Glad I did. Oh and I just purchased The Deep Dark Woods after reviewing it on iTunes. Thanks InterMechanico!

Started off with a mix of classical off the Sonos, but needed something to clear the cobwebs. This is doing the trick...

Attachments

• Black Kays.jpg
    Black Kays.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 164
The Police ~ Zenyatta Mondatta
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1359910624.709957.jpg

Tim and Cherian nice to see you both posting
on this thread again!

The Police ~ Zenyatta Mondatta
View attachment 16069

Tim and Cherian nice to see you both posting
on this thread again!

Yes, I've neglected it for far too long. Unfortunately with my new role at work I'm often traveling on Sunday, so I don't get to spend as much time in front of the stereo on Sunday mornings (often packing like a fiend).

My Live Stories by Susan Wong was recorded live over two days in the world famous Ocean Way Studios in Nashville,and is described by Susan as her ‘best recording yet'.

With an ensemble of top notch session musicians and a first class recording environment inside a 100 year old converted church, Susan performed a selection of her favourite songs from her previous albums along with all-new songs. Highlights include the bossa nova influenced Billie Jean, the blues tinged Cry Me A River, an up tempo version of Perfect and a spine tingling performance of Desperado.

Attachments

• 56288161201301162218243360342659261_001.jpg
    56288161201301162218243360342659261_001.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 276
Calexico - Carried to Dust

Carried to Dust (2008) by Calexico - Loosely described as Americana / Mexican / Folk music written and performed by Joey Burns and John Convertino accompanied by Paul Niehaus, Amparo Sanchez, Jairo Zavala, Sam Beam, Doug McCombs. They combine modern string and percusssion with lively brass and English and Spanish Vocals. My favorite Band by far; so much so, that when they came to Vancouver and I was out of town, I bought tickets for my girlfriend and her friend so she could experience them in my place.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4hg3XXTjfVQ

The God of surround audio and high-quality prog mixes, Mr. Steven Wilson is back with a new album, The Raven that Refused To Sing

Taking the talented team that toured with him on his recent world tour (available on this stellar BluRay, best audio for live concert I've ever heard), Steven went into the studios accompanied by famed engineer Alan Parsons to record this new album, which by all early accounts will be an instant classic in the prog-rock cannon.

I just received mine a few weeks ago and Wow, just WOW!

This is a masterpiece from someone who is setting the pace in musical creativity over the past two decades. Steven just keeps creating not only great music, but keeps elevating the bar on sonic quality like no one else can.

In this album, engineered by the legendary Alan Parson and mixed by Steven, the richness and depth of sound are astounding. Dynamic range is huge, and the 5.1 high-rez lossless surround mix is spectacular on my rig (which itself is an homage to Mr. Wilson, as that's what it takes to appreciate his recordings to the max).

The BluRay edition is the one to get if you want to hear all that is in these recordings.
Thankfully, it features multiple mixes and formats all on one disc. So you get 24/96 LPCM Stereo mix for all you 2ch aficionados.
Us surround-heads get both a 5.1 24/96 LPCM and a DTS-HD MasterAudio lossless 24/96 5.1 encoding as well.

There are CD and vinyl editions as well for those living in the past

A must own album just for the music, and absolutely a go-to demo disc to show off all your system can do.

Available from Burning Shed and other outlets.

Wilson-TheRavenThatRefusedToSing.jpg

Sunday Evening chillin to some Ben Harper.
Disc 2

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    20.8 KB · Views: 185
Last edited:
So, I've looked around, and I don't see this one here anywhere, but it's great; I love it.

Nikki Yanofsky - Ella... Of Thee I Swing (Live, 2007, Place des Arts, Montreal)

HQ Audio

A little Sunday evening listening.
James McMurtry ~ Too Long in the Wasteland

His debut album, my favorite of all his titles.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 143
Tonight it's Jeff Buckley's Grace

A classic to be sure. Thanks Wayne, I was just trying to decide what to listen to, you have solved my dilemma. I especially like "Lilac Wine" and of course Jeff's version of "Hallelujah" is nothing short of iconic. "Lover You Should Have Come Over" is also a favorite. I join you in enjoying this fantastic album!

Super Bass 2

Well, it's Sunday afternoon music for me today. Just retired from my listening session. GREAT ALBUM!

Attachments

• superbassii.jpg
    superbassii.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 107
Back