Summits/sibilance

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

khenegar

Reaction score
I have been noticing some sibilance with my records and was told that the summits are bright and are very unforgiving. I have taken my records to other peoples homes and did not notice the sibilance as much. If any I am using a shure m97xe with the vpi classic 1. Any suggestions?

I have been noticing some sibilance with my records and was told that the summits are bright and are very unforgiving. I have taken my records to other peoples homes and did not notice the sibilance as much. If any I am using a shure m97xe with the vpi classic 1. Any suggestions?

I noticed this a lot more with my Summit X than with my original Summits. Raking them back more seems to help soften it a bit, but may bring more unwanted changes than benefit.

I certainly haven't noticed any sibilance with my Summits, even when fully upright (no backward rake). I would look for another cause.

You might consider taking some measurements, if you have access to a calibrated speaker/room acoustics measuring kit (XTZ, Omnimic, REW, etc).

Hola...only with your LPs? If this is so, then you have a cartridge missed alignment or out of weight to the needle tip. Just add one gram to the weight and tell us your findings. Happy listening.

Hola...only with your LPs? If this is so, then you have a cartridge missed alignment or out of weight to the needle tip. Just add one gram to the weight and tell us your findings. Happy listening.

I agree with Roberto, with that being said, dbl check azimuth and anti-skate.

well I would never describe the summit as sibilant , most certainly related to source I would think
only time I have heard is a harsh recording on a cd as my amplifier is incredibly transparent

[msb s200 ]

Back