Summits in 3 weeks - now . . . a new power amp or pre amp?

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes, he said they were defective. What specifically was wrong? Panels? no sound, crackling....

Vantage panel problems

Joey,

Thanks for posting this. I'm still learning to navigate this site, and obviously moving in the slow lane!

I just plugged the defective Vantage in a few minutes ago. WOW! It make a LOT of noise. Continous staticy popping sounds. A cross between an oxygen machine and a pop corn machine.

The first bad panel was plugged into the left channel and the second bad one was plugged into the right channel. I doubt my electronics could have caused these issues, but as I said, I seem to be the the only one in the entire USA who has had problems! Another reason I want to get a new power/pre amp now, even if it's just the NAD :eek: combo.

JM

Is it possible for my old equipment to damage the Summits? Remember it's 1980's Hafler: DH-200 Power amp (100 watts) and DH-110 pre amp. Any electrical anomolies that could cause issues?
Nah, I doubt it. All you'll be doing is driving your Summits below their capabilities. It would be kind of like running a high-performance sports car on regular gasoline. You'll get where you're going, just with pinging on hard acceleration and poorer gas mileage.

Back