Summit X on the way, shipping soon...

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tonepub

Reaction score
Hey Guys, as soon as the Summit X gets here for review I'll be sure to post plenty of pics. I'm redoing the room so I can have CLX on one side and Summit X on the other. Should be super easy to compare and contrast...

I'll keep you posted as soon as I know what's up!

Hey Guys, as soon as the Summit X gets here for review I'll be sure to post plenty of pics. I'm redoing the room so I can have CLX on one side and Summit X on the other. Should be super easy to compare and contrast...

I'll keep you posted as soon as I know what's up!

Cool! Would be interesting to read your thoughts of Summit X vs Spire and Summit X vs the original Summit, in addition to Summit X vs CLX. To tide us over, is there anything public you can say or point to?

I guess ML will announce them at/around CES, but more news sooner is always welcome! :)

Just a heads up - Summit X just appeared on ML website as a "coming soon."

I'll check it out as CES but I'm sure it looks just like a Summit. Hopefully, they'll be more forthcoming with info, price and the process for upgrades by then.

I really wanted the Summit over the Spire, but was told the main difference was in the bass area, and since I would be buying a sub-woofer, save the money. The retail price for the Summit then was 12K but I could have gotten it for 11. Just wondering what the Summit X goes for? cannot wait to hear your review!

I have heard they scraped the cads for the summits so that would lead me to beleive these will be much different.

I have heard differently!

I wouldn't expect an upgrade from Summit to Summit X...however, if we scream loud enough perhaps ML will concoct a partial upgrade using the new X over and call it the Summit i. I wouldn't be surprised if they've already tinkered with that concept.

I wouldn't expect an upgrade from Summit to Summit X...however, if we scream loud enough perhaps ML will concoct a partial upgrade using the new X over and call it the Summit i. I wouldn't be surprised if they've already tinkered with that concept.

The good news is that you can do the upgrade yourself...

If their going to be 6' tall monoliths like my Sequel IIs, then betting on me wouldn't be a bad idea...

I love my classic Logans !!

Looking for a more modern sound though...

~VDR

Latest posts

Back