Summit poping

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

khenegar

Reaction score
One of my summit speakers has developed a poping noise in the the front bass driver, turned everything off still made poping noise until I unplugged the ac power. Any ideas on what it might be?

One of my summit speakers has developed a poping noise in the the front bass driver, turned everything off still made poping noise until I unplugged the ac power. Any ideas on what it might be?

Well, if it is the bass driver you can't blame a dirty ES panel. Not sure.

Sounds like the amp for that driver is going (gone?) bad, probably due to a bad capacitor.

I suggest you contact the factory service line for further triage and repair.

The good news is these things can usually be fixed with a board swap, so no shipping of the whole speaker.

Sounds like the amp for that driver is going (gone?) bad, probably due to a bad capacitor.

I suggest you contact the factory service line for further triage and repair.

The good news is these things can usually be fixed with a board swap, so no shipping of the whole speaker.
I unplugged the summit for 24hrs plugged it back in next day and the popping noise stopped for now can anyone explain why this is? Thanks

Back