STAGE!!! is up on Martin Logan website!!!

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Time to ban Ovature.

ovature said:
Better than a jackass liar lawyer who rips people off. I save lives. You and the rest of your profession DESTROY them!! :mad:

Time to ban Ovature.

Daddy is here now...

Ok guys... let's lighten up a little bit. Let's be respectful of each other and our chosen professions. I hate to ban anyone, but I will if this stuff continues.. :mad:

Ovature, please don't post stuff to "create a little drama" because as you can see it ruffles some feathers and can be regarded as a troll even if you didn't intend it to be. We respect your viewpoint, but remember, it's hard to know what is sarcasm, tongue in cheek, etc. until we all get to know you and your posting style.. Maybe a smiley face on your post about us being on the ML payroll would've been good.

...and remember - this is OUR site.. ML corporate does in no way compensate any of us, although a previous suggestion about ML giving me a free pair of Summits did sound pretty tasty! :p

Tom.

TomDac said:
Ok guys... let's lighten up a little bit. Let's be respectful of each other and our chosen professions. I hate to ban anyone, but I will if this stuff continues.. :mad:

Ovature, please don't post stuff to "create a little drama" because as you can see it ruffles some feathers and can be regarded as a troll even if you didn't intend it to be. We respect your viewpoint, but remember, it's hard to know what is sarcasm, tongue in cheek, etc. until we all get to know you and your posting style.. Maybe a smiley face on your post about us being on the ML payroll would've been good.

...and remember - this is OUR site.. ML corporate does in no way compensate any of us, although a previous suggestion about ML giving me a free pair of Summits did sound pretty tasty! :p

Tom.
OK, no more nasty posts :)

TomDac said:

Tom.
Thanks Tom

TomDac said:

Tom.

Sorry Tom.
:(

OK now back to the thread kiddies.

I have to admit that I am a little disappointed by the design. I thought it would be more daring and able to be used as a L/R channel as well.

I can understand why ML choose the conservative approach though. The company does have to freshen up the appearance to fit in with the current style and a totally new direction would cost a lot of money and have a lot of risk.

Lets face it, doing a ESL center channel is tough and probably cannot be done in a small form factor. Take a look at Innersound's center channel. Most of the bandwidth is handled by the ESL but it is a monster. What kind of sound can you get from that little patch of myler on the Stage?

Honestly I think that the ESL on the Stage is really just to provide that presense that ESLs are known for. Most of the actual work is probably done by the tweeter and woofers. Whether the stator should be convex or concave is most likely a mute point.

socialxray said:
OK now back to the thread kiddies.

I have to admit that I am a little disappointed by the design. I thought it would be more daring and able to be used as a L/R channel as well.

I can understand why ML choose the conservative approach though. The company does have to freshen up the appearance to fit in with the current style and a totally new direction would cost a lot of money and have a lot of risk.

Lets face it, doing a ESL center channel is tough and probably cannot be done in a small form factor. Take a look at Innersound's center channel. Most of the bandwidth is handled by the ESL but it is a monster. What kind of sound can you get from that little patch of myler on the Stage?

Honestly I think that the ESL on the Stage is really just to provide that presense that ESLs are known for. Most of the actual work is probably done by the tweeter and woofers. Whether the stator should be convex or concave is most likely a mute point.

I agree. It appears that it will not exceed by much the Theater, and maybe not even that since it is smaller. For the price and the time they have had to develop this speaker, I was hoping for a real step forward in center channel development. I know I will need to listen first before I decide, but at the asking price I will likely look for a mint used Theater or maybe another brand that works with my Aeons.

That's the reason why ML delayed releasing the Stage. They had a hard time making it sound better than the Theater i. In fact, they toyed with the idea to come up with a Theater i upgrade. I'm really curious on how they sound compared to the Theater i

I kind of thought they would add the aluminum woofers and a new tweeter design and call it the Theater II :) .

Seriously, the latest ML releases looks more and more like something I would expect to see sold from the back of a big white van...

robertaas said:
Seriously, the latest ML releases looks more and more like something I would expect to see sold from the back of a big white van...

Have you actually seen it in person ???? I have and think it complements the Summitt / Vantage rather well. I remember not liking the Summitt when I first saw it's pictures as well, I now love its clean, crisp, no-nonsense lines very much !!

twich54 said:
Have you actually seen it in person ???? I have and think it complements the Summitt / Vantage rather well. I remember not liking the Summitt when I first saw it's pictures as well, I now love its clean, crisp, no-nonsense lines very much !!

I'm glad you feel that way. I'm just disappointed that for the amount of time that ML had to develop this speaker it still isn't a breakthrough speaker like the Logos,Theater, and Theater i were. I'll still go and audition it for an accurate appraisal. Oh and by the way it still looks boxy and ugly to me and a few others. :rolleyes:

If you remember, we were making similiar comments about the Summit when it was released and before we saw it in person and actually heard. I didn't care for the design of Summit either when I saw the photos. To make a lengthy story short I now own a pair of Summits. I'll withhold any judgement until I actually see and hear this speaker. One positive point is that it will certainly match the design of my Summits.

Craig said:
If you remember, we were making similiar comments about the Summit when it was released and before we saw it in person and actually heard. I didn't care for the design of Summit either when I saw the photos. To make a lengthy story short I now own a pair of Summits. I'll withhold any judgement until I actually see and hear this speaker. One positive point is that it will certainly match the design of my Summits.
Which doesn't change the fact that it's ugly and overpriced just like the Summit!

ovature said:
Which doesn't change the fact that it's ugly and overpriced just like the Summit!

Dude, have you looked in the mirror lately !!! ???

twich54 said:
Dude, have you looked in the mirror lately !!! ???
No, because I was looking at you when I said the Summit and the Stage "boombox" was ugly

What's this junior high school banter? It's sad to see our forum heading this way lately... Mod, please do something.

Ridiculous pricing on specialty wood

I cancelled my order for a Bubinga Stage (and went with black) when I learned that they want $900 Cdn to laminate this tiny piece! I am disappointed because I wanted the Stage to match the Summits but a 30% hike to laminate this tiny piece is highway robbery!

Last edited:
Back