STAGE!!! is up on Martin Logan website!!!

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ovature,

Can you please be slightly nicer around here? Every post of yours is so negative and you draw remarks that are unkind.... making this forum less positive than it used to be.

Before you came, this was a super friendly forum... can you be so kind as to keep some tact in your posts? Please?

Joey

Joey_V said:
Ovature,

Can you please be slightly nicer around here? Every post of yours is so negative and you draw remarks that are unkind.... making this forum less positive than it used to be.

Before you came, this was a super friendly forum... can you be so kind as to keep some tact in your posts? Please?

Joey
OK :D I was just voicing my opinion and not all of my posts are negative. I am just annoyed at what ML has done to their line of speakers.

ovature said:
OK :D I was just voicing my opinion and not all of my posts are negative. I am just annoyed at what ML has done to their line of speakers.

Understand completely. ;)

ovature said:
Understood...and you are welcome to your opinion.

Remember none of us here work for ML, yet you have been treating most here very poorly with your posts and replies, and slamming us like we are all responsible for the new ML line. Chill a little...

Dan

Which doesn't change the fact that it's ugly and overpriced just like the Summit!
And that is your own opinion but not mine. I've owned 5 different models of ML speakers and I think the Summit is one the best looking speakers yet. I also like the looks of the Ascent but the Summits are a little smaller which make them look less imposing in the room. As far as being overpriced, well at $10K they are still less than the Prodigy model they replaced and are very competitive with other speakers priced even higher. Also, don't forget you are getting amplification with the speakers. They're a steal at Costco's price of $7500 and would jump on that if was in the market again. I doubt that deal will last long. This is just all my opinion of course. Older used M/Ls are an excellent value but my Summits definitely have a much improved sound in all ranges than my Ascents and the Ascents are no slouch.

Craig said:
And that is your own opinion but not mine. I've owned 5 different models of ML speakers and I think the Summit is one the best looking speakers yet. I also like the looks of the Ascent but the Summits are a little smaller which make them look less imposing in the room. As far as being overpriced, well at $10K they are still less than the Prodigy model they replaced and are very competitive with other speakers priced even higher. Also, don't forget you are getting amplification with the speakers. They're a steal at Costco's price of $7500 and would jump on that if was in the market again. I doubt that deal will last long. This is just all my opinion of course. Older used M/Ls are an excellent value but my Summits definitely have a much improved sound in all ranges than my Ascents and the Ascents are no slouch.
I agree that @ $7500 the Summit is a good value

Back