Spires are on their way here!

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RichTeer

Reaction score
Hey all,

I just wanted to share my excitement with everyone here: I ordered a pair of Spires (natural cherry with clear binding posts) the other day. They'll be here in a couple of weeks; I can't wait! :drool:

Hey all,

I just wanted to share my excitement with everyone here: I ordered a pair of Spires (natural cherry with clear binding posts) the other day. They'll be here in a couple of weeks; I can't wait! :drool:

Congrats!!! Post pics when you get them..:bowdown::D

Superb Rich !!

I trully believe they may well be the 'Best' speaker for the $$ that M/L makes ! There ability to convay music at their price point is incredible !

Thanks! I will definately post system pics when they get here.

I'm pretty sure I said that too... I'll get around to it one of these days :rolleyes:

Of course, you already know the Spires are pretty great, so just follow three easy steps. Wait for delivery. Set up newly delivered speakers. Enjoy. :music:

Of course, you already know the Spires are pretty great, so just follow three easy steps. Wait for delivery. Set up newly delivered speakers. Enjoy. :music:

Isn't that what Ediie Cochran sang about--the three steps to heaven? :)

Superb Rich !!

I trully believe they may well be the 'Best' speaker for the $$ that M/L makes ! There ability to convay music at their price point is incredible !
After hearing them a long with the Summits and the CLX I 100% concur with you ! Great news and you will love them !

Hey all,

Hi Rich, congrats!

I'm looking forward to your reports on how they work for you. :music:

Denied (for now)!

I just received a call from my dealer. The Spires are now in Vancouver--but they have the wrong binding posts! I ordered clear ones but they shipped with the regular black ones. A trivial matter, but I know me: if I had accepted them as-is, the fact that I had the "wrong" binding posts would gnaw away at me for ever!

So with a big sigh I asked them to have another pair made, to the correct specs. Hopefully they'll be bumped up in priority so I can get 'em for Xmas...

They say that patience is a virtue, but I'm not that virtuous! :)

More news as events warrant...

Last edited:
you made the right move I would have done the same

that's a nice combo though

Last edited:
ID have accepted them with a discount. $$$ signs can make you like black real fast ! Its not anything but looks !

I think at the $$$$ spent they should get it right the first time if not a discount is in order with an "I am sorry sir they will be here ASAP is there any other upgrades we can offer free of charge" can't people follow simple instructions anymore its not a big mac at McDonald's.

Who looks at the binding posts.....

Says the guy with the custom green LEDs in his CLXes! :)

I look at the binding posts, albeit only occassionally. I just like the aesthetics of clear posts, and since they are available as a no-cost option, I thought I might as well go for it. I like little touches like that, and when they're not what I want, it irks me to a disproportionate amount.

Maybe I'm just a little bit OCD? ;-)

Well I understand, but when I was ordering my CLX's, and they told me it might take longer to get green, my response was to "ship em now so I can enjoy them sooner".

It was just a very nice surprise on their part that they could do it. I would have been happy either way.

:)

...So with a big sigh I asked them to have another pair made, to the correct specs. Hopefully they'll be bumped up in priority so I can get 'em for Xmas...

They say that patience is a virtue, but I'm not that virtuous! :)
Anything but compulsive, Rich - you've been amazingly patient, essentially planning this purchase since well before you joined this forum.

Wonder which will cross the finish line, first - your speakers or my amps? ;):p

Clear posts for all to see. Very important if you've been saving & lusting for a long time.

I love the Bubinga finish myself...

Attachments

• clear.jpg
    clear.jpg
    23.5 KB · Views: 146
Anything but compulsive, Rich - you've been amazingly patient, essentially planning this purchase since well before you joined this forum.

Why thank you, Ken! 'Tis true, though. :) Although the antici ... pation is killing me, I guess I'll enjoy them even more when they do finally arrive.

Wonder which will cross the finish line, first - your speakers or my amps? ;):p

I was wondering about that. Are your amps still in the repair shop? (I assume we're talking about your new VTLs.)

I should have an estimate Tuesday, at which point we get to sort out who pays. I'd be shocked if I had them functioning before Christmas. :(

Back