Speakers for the family room... and WAF

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joey_V

Reaction score
So, I have some Klipsch reference speakers that I've had for some time now - all post-Summit sale 4y ago.

My wife and I were talking about the move to Dallas TX and to our new house. I bring up the fact that the media room will likely be only for 2 channel audio and that I'd have to buy a new set of speakers and components for it - she was OK with it.

Shocker number 1:
Buying new speakers is apparently OK.

Then we discuss what to do with the Klipsch 5.1 system that I have currently. This was shocker number 2.
Wife:
"I don't think those boxy speakers should go into the family room. They won't match and they're ugly."

Me:
"Well I can't put them in the media room because that's where the stereo speakers will go."

Wife:
"What if you get a set of those clear, glassy like speakers?"

Me:
"Which glassy like speakers?"

Wife:
"The one you had before with the panel."

Me:
"You want me to buy Martin Logans for the family room???" (shocked)

Wife:
"Yes."

Me:
*stunned*

Never thought I'd hear the day when the wife encourages me to feed the audio habit. I must comply.

Last edited:
Joey, buy the speakers NOW, before the wife changes her mind; wimmin have been known to do that. Do you think she will notice if you buy CLX's instead of Summits? :)

Definitely a costly endeavor to equip the 2ch audio room AND the family room.

May have to go with used MLs for the family room.

If you truly love your wife, you MUST obey...:bowdown:

You learned well my son, you are King, it is your castle.............

Back