Soft?

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
J

joliffn

Hello All,

I'm John from the Netherlands and have a question for you. I'm a proud owner of a pair ML Aeon's. Since two weeks I noticed that one of the speakers is playing more soft than the other. It's not my Jeff Roland emplifier or cables etc. When i changed the speakers from left to right the same speaker keeps playing more soft than the other. The age is 2 years.
Hope to hear from you.
Regards
John

Hello All,

I'm John from the Netherlands and have a question for you. I'm a proud owner of a pair ML Aeon's. Since two weeks I noticed that one of the speakers is playing more soft than the other. It's not my Jeff Roland emplifier or cables etc. When i changed the speakers from left to right the same speaker keeps playing more soft than the other. The age is 2 years.
Hope to hear from you.
Regards
John

Hola John, and welcome. I think you have a weak stat. All the surface of the stat panel must produce sound...check it!...play any music and from top to bottom and from left to right, all panel must produce sound...if you have a portion of the panel that it is not playing loud, then you found the problem...read the cls tweak section, perhaps you could make it to come alive again, or change panels is a must...happy listening,
Roberto.

Roberto makes some great points. Listen to the entire stat, top to bottom, left to right and see if there are dead spots.

If dead spots, try the vacuum method by unplugging power cord before going to sleep, get up in the morning and vacuum entire panel top to bottom, left to right. Go slowly and thoroughly over the entire panel paying particular attention to the spar sections. Plug panel back in and see if it sounds better.

Last effort attempts in vacuuming does not improve at all, is to remove the panels and wash them in the shower with warm, not hot, water. Dry completely with fans front and back - See Sequel Cleaning Service in Tweaks on how I did it. Others have posted their efforts in the tweaks section too on shower methods. NOTE: Some have experienced problems after showering, so this should be a last ditch effort to be tried before purchasing new panels.

If none of this helps, it is time for new panels to be ordered from ML.

Dan

Back