SL3 Woofer issue

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MarcS

Reaction score
I have owned a pair of SL3's for 20+ years (also Aerius, and Cinema). The SL3's have been unused for some years. I tried hooking up and one has a non working woofer. I took the rails off. All wires are connected and were rechecked. The woofer looks fine. The panel works fine, just no bass. Connecting directly to the woofer posts doesn't work either. Absolutely no sound. Could the woofer be bad or is this more likely a crossover problem? Is it worth fixing or should I try to sell my panels for salvage.? My Aerius work well with a Paradigm sub and Sunfire Amps and are more than adequate for the room they are in. Opinions?

SL3's were pretty special. If the panels are OK like you said, I'd get the woofer repaired and enjoy those beauties.

Good job on the testing, that was pretty thorough. I think you isolated the issue to the woofer itself. As Tom said, time for a new pair of woofers. There are several threads on here with recommendations for drivers for the SL3. If you get stuck, I have an old SL3 woofer lying around from my center channel donor SL3. It's an old woofer, but it still works.

Back