SL3 Panel Repair

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tin Man

Reaction score
Dear ML members,

I have a pair of SL3 for 13 years now and the panels are sagging and the metal shims provided by ML can't really hold the panels in place. Since the adhesive of Velco is softening and no longing can hold the panels. I just wonder how other members are fixing this issue. Thanks in advance.

Tin Man

first move the panels back to there correct position then take the metal shims and duplicate them but with allot thicker metal that does not bend then mount them more securely, they should not move for you. good listening.

Place a spacer between the 'anti-slip clip' and the lower edge of the woofer grill. On mine I used a ~3/8 inch thick rubber foot (the square adhesive type you might find at the hardware store).
You might need to add some thin weather stripping or similar to make up for the compressed old rubber foam strips behind the panel. Otherwise the panel might rattle against the mounting rails.

Dear ML members,

I have a pair of SL3 for 13 years now and the solar kits are sagging and the metal shims provided by ML can't really hold the panels in place. Since the adhesive of Velco is softening and no longing can hold the panels. I just wonder how other members are fixing this issue. Thanks in advance.

Tin Man
Were you able to find some solution for this? I am facing similar problems with my panels..

Last edited:
Hola. Martin Logan service dept has them too. Just drop to them your questions and they will send to you the solution to fix that problem. Happy listening.

Back