SL3 owners, where is your sweet spot?

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jzk

Reaction score
I have recently moved, and I am starting all over again in finding the ultimate position for the speakers and the listening chair.

How big is your room?

How far from the wall do you place your SL3s?

How far apart are they?

How far back is your sweet spot?

I will measure mine and post what I have come up with so far. Unfortunately, where I am setting them up now will probably not be where they ultimately end up, as I may set up the theater in a completely different room. I find that my sweet spot is way more deep than wide. And, I find that sitting closer to the speakers (but not too close) produces the best soundstage that extends far behind the rear wall.

How big is your room?

How far from the wall do you place your SL3s?

How far apart are they?

How far back is your sweet spot?

1. My "room" is part of a finished basement and open to other portions of the basement. My area is roughly 14ft x 20ft.

2. From the center of my woofer cabinet my speakers are 33 inches from the rear wall.

3. Just a hair under 8ft apart, 37 inches from each side wall. Both slightly toed in.

4. My sweet spot is 13ft back from the front wall, which I think for my specific room and set up is not far enough back. I'd like to be another 2 ft or so back, but that is starting to block off the path to a bathroom.

Back