Setting up Purity

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

schnauzer/lover

Reaction score
trying to help the local audio shop set up the Purity speakers, I am not familiar with them, I had them set up based on how I set up my Spires, using the flash light etc. Everything went great, and ever one was impressed with the improvement in sound, but I noticed when standing in the honey spot, if you sit down there is a decrease in quality. So do thses spekers need to be tilted forward if seated?

The metal stand at the bottom of the Purities can be removed and flipped around, which will make the Purities standing pretty much upright at 90 degrees. This must be done to listen to them properly at seating level.

I don't know why, it's just not as necessary for the Logans with larger panels to be at 90 degrees. Also, I find that my Purities are best when toed in a lot more than my Spires are.

Thanks, great to know, after they were set up. they sounded better then all the other speakers but some of the more pricey speakers they had were also not in the best position. Bob

Sorry, if I may ask one last question about the Purity, Will it sound great with a quality receiver, or does it need a Amp/pre-Amp setup to sound its best??:confused:

It's raison d'etre is sounding great with less required of its supplier of power. I would expect a better preamp to sound better, but the amp won't make much difference. (Unless it's horrible.)

The Purity is not intended to be used with an amp. It can be, but it has an internal amp, so you're wasting money somewhere if you use it with an amp. Hook it up to a pre-amp or a receiver using the pre-outs.

The Purity is not intended to be used with an amp. It can be, but it has an internal amp, so you're wasting money somewhere if you use it with an amp. Hook it up to a pre-amp or a receiver using the pre-outs.

Agreed 100% here...you should get the Source if you want to use a power amplifier...happy listening,
Roberto.

Back