Scénario with 50 feet câble?

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jfp

Reaction score
Dillemna!
My scenario speakers are used as surround and the way my room Is configurated, I have no choice but using 50 feet cable.
I know it's not the ideal situation but that's the way it is.
My question is (the same old question!) what quality of cable should I use.
I may order on amazon a 100 feet spool of monster câble xphpcibig100 with banana plugs for 200$,
So it Cost 2 bucks a feet and that's about what I can spend for the moment.
I am afraid that this cable won't totaly reveal the full potentiel of the scenario's.
Any thought on this?

PS: sorry about my pool english, it's m'y second language!

Hola, and please do not get me wrong here. Because you are using your Scenarios as rear speakers, the audio info for the rear is for ambiance and clapping noise. If you are listening to a concert, the musicians should be at the front, at the stage, so, they are the most important speakers and we should dedicate all the effort to get the best from them. The audio effects for movies, and the echoes at the theater or where the event was happening, the rear speakers give to us this info. The info coming from the rear speakers is very important. Just to give you a hint, disconnect the right, center and left speaker cables from your receiver, and listen only rears. This is the info that you are getting usually. So, you can use monster cable with no problem. Just make sure the gauge of the wire is not less than 12 number. It is important to have a thick cable, because your Scenarios are very power hungry. Thicker cable is better! Quality matters, but you are not listening the effects, your are hearing them. Happy listening!

This wire will probably work but it is only #14. That is only one size up from lamp cord though better quality. If it were me I would run at least #12 or #10 if you have it in your budget.

Thanks Roberto
By the way, I have a small house In a mango plantation In Costa Rica, nicoya peninsula near Santa Theresa.
Are you Tico or expat?

Of course I am a tico... live in San Jose, Escazu, Guachipelin, and also have about 24 years selling and servicing Martin Logan here. Let's meet next time you are here, and come to listen my system. A scotch, or a glass of wine, coffee, tea, what ever you like!... tons of good music to share! If is there anything that I can do or help, glad to do it! Happy listening and pura vida!

Back