say goodbye to my pink living room!! yay!

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah.. I first thought I was going the wrong way, but I searched the site and found the post about taking Quest panels off and it clearly shows them sliding up from the bottom. I POUNDED them in that direction and they wouldn't budge AT ALL.

It was REALLY hot in the house last night... about 85. I wonder if that had any effect on them not coming off.. I know it had an effect on ME!! I was sweatin' up a storm!!! :eek:

Maybe they're generating friction further up the slide. Try holding the rails down further up as you knock them...

Hey all,

living room is ALMOST complete. Here is a link to see the photos of the new carpeting and me setting up my system again... New sofa is coming on Wednesday. Photos are uploading as I'm writing this, so be patient.. I took LOTS of photos with the tripod and some of them look pretty cool as the system gets put together... It's almost like stop motion animation.

http://www.kodakgallery.com/I.jsp?c=19e4ui47.4wl7xaff&x=0&y=x08q0r&localeid=en_US

Tom,

Sometimes the rails bow a bit. Lay those big bastages on their backs and eyeball the wood slats carefully. Chances are that all you need to do is enlist a little help and press inward on the center slide-lock- pin and collar jobbie for each one and they'll jump right off with one good whack each. Being in northern Cali, the climate could also be causing the mild steel pins and slides to rust a bit (spent 9 months in Alameda to refuel my submarines' reactor -- oh how that sucked !!)

This bowing could also be the cause of your panel-slip. My Sequel IIs are tight as hell and have required a kid, a torpedo level, a thick wooden dowel and a 4 pound sledge to get the job done. No panel slip to note though....

Anyway -- good luck. Enjoy the Summits when they come, you lucky guy !!!

~VDR

Last edited:
Anyways, Tom

Make sure that you post up some nice pics of your room and the Summits when your done with the project. A comparison to the ReQuests would be appreciated too !!

~VDR

Sorry for arriving late to the party. First off I think that new wall color rocks! It looks very nice. And the new carpeting really completes the whole look. The slideshow was fun to watch. Thanks for sharing that.:) And like VanDaRo mentioned, definitely post some new pix once the Summits arrive.

Congrats!

Seth

The new sofa came on Wednesday.. it's oxblood colored.. not all of it came, as some of the pieces were backordered and will be here next week.. the whole Tuscan look really came out nice, I think..

Will definitely post pictures when Joey's Summits arrive.

Will definitely post pictures when Joey's Summits arrive.

Dahhhh...I think their YOUR Summits now!

You'll be very happy with the sound....

Tom! I ignore the forum for a week or so and I come back and find that Joey's taking an audiophile hiatus and that he's sold his Summits to you! :eek:

You don't need me to tell you this, but you're going to love your new (Joey's old?) summits. It wasn't explicitly stated in the thread, but my impression that this is the room they're going to be going into. If so, the 16x25 size will be no problem at all for those summits, especially considering the rest of your gear.

You may recall that I too got my summits used from someone that had truly loved and pampered them. You'll be amazed at the sound you immediately get from the summits as we both know that Joey will have broken them in almost perfectly. I think you'll also be blown away at how well those summits will fill that large of a room, even if there are large openings and entryways.

Heck, Tom, once you've got everything together it might warrant me driving a couple of hours some weekend just to listen to what 'ya got! :D

Once again, congrats on the new room and of course the new equipment.

Last edited:
Hey Ken,

yeah, it all happened pretty fast after I got back from Lawrence and then we got our carpet installed and I got my system set up again and started listening to the same discs I brought to ML...

BIG MISTAKE.

So, I started thinking I should ditch the reQuests and get Summits, and suprisingly enough, Kerry totally agreed and said since the Summits are smaller and will match the entertainment center better and blend in more with the decor... and then he said, "And they sound WAY better than yours" which kinda floored me since he's never said anything about it before...

So, since the "x" is coming out, a few dealers had lowered prices on their remaining models, I was going to buy a new pair from DaVinci, but then Joey chimed in offering to sell me his at a really good price, so I jumped on it. The rest is history..

Joey's gonna ship them out today, he thinks, so in a week or so, I'll get them and transfer my reQuests to my friend Ryan's house, who volunteered to buy them from me.

You'll have to check the site more often, Ken!!

Tom, better decontaminate the Summits after unpacking them, as they probably contain traces of the Joeyitis virus! The mutated form, "Tomitis" might be even more virulent than the original version! :D

Summits with Pass Lab 250

Hey Tom,

Please give me a review on your summits with your pass lab 250 amp. I just got a summits also, now looking for an amp to run it. I can't decide between Pass Lab 250, Mcintosh 402 or Classe CA 2200.

P.S. your new room look very nice.

Mike

Tom!

The Summits are officially gone! They're on their way to you. I will pm you tracking info...

Joey :)

I'm Logan-less! :-(

Packed up my reQuests yesterday and I helped my friend Ryan get them into his place and all hooked up.

We tried again to get the rails off without success. :mad:

Anyway, he's got some work to do getting things dialed in and cleaned up, but they sounded pretty good... He's driving them with a McIntosh MC352. It was cool to see his face light up as he heard them in his house for the first time.

Joey's Summits are scheduled for delivery tomorrow. Kerry is working from home, so he'll be here to receive them.

Can't wait!!

Back