say goodbye to my pink living room!! yay!

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TomDac

former MLO owner/operator
Reaction score
we're finally gonna paint that awful pink room....

taped everything up and removed everything these last two nights... it was sad taking down my system, but had to be done, of course...

we're doing a tuscan faux finish... hope it looks OK.

photos later in the weekend.

Tom.

Trying to create a better environment for the CLX? That trip is coming up soon, is it not?

LOL!! CLX is only a dream for me, Bernard... Trip IS coming up.. June 13th... Can't wait, but I hope I don't get a bad case of Joey-itis..

The least ML should do is offer you "in the trade" pricing (and then you can host the next ML Get-Together). :D

Tom,

2 things...

1. You deserve the new color! Tuscan it is!
2. You deserve the CLX more than anyone on this board. Without you, I'd be bored out of my mind when I'm not listening to my MLs.

... ok, not bored, but atleast you guys keep me company when I'm at work in between patients.

Here's the result...

Tuscan Faux finish in "sienna gold"... new carpet comes next, so looks like I'll be without my Logans for a couple more weeks....:(

Attachments

• IMG_4556 (Large).JPG
    IMG_4556 (Large).JPG
    74.8 KB · Views: 445
Do NOT DO Carpet ! Go wood floors ! Its a new fresh look much easier to keep clean and less allergenic. (Can you tell I spent the last 20 years doing and selling them) You already have the room empty !;)

Do NOT DO Carpet ! Go wood floors ! Its a new fresh look much easier to keep clean and less allergenic. (Can you tell I spent the last 20 years doing and selling them) You already have the room empty !;)

Ok for the rest of the house. BUT FOR THE LISTENING ROOM, CARPET SOUNDS BETTER THAN WOOD!!

NO WAY!!!! Not with the right room treatments ! Wood will always prevail. Carpet is easier at first but will not give the best room response . Especially bass and mid bass. There also is no room blur to deal with !

new carpet is going in today at noon... which means when I get home tonight, I'll start re-assembling my system!! :music:

Can't wait to listen to the new Coldplay CD on my Logans!

Of course, everything will pale in comparison to what I experienced on Saturday with the CLX... :mad:

new carpet is going in today at noon... which means when I get home tonight, I'll start re-assembling my system!! :music:

Can't wait to listen to the new Coldplay CD on my Logans!

Of course, everything will pale in comparison to what I experienced on Saturday with the CLX... :mad:

Tom,

Don't get too stoned from the glue after you've set the system back up!
I did. :D

Vern

Kerry just sent me photos..... Bring on the glue smell... I love that!!!

ROFL!

Attachments

• IMG_4648 (Medium).JPG
    IMG_4648 (Medium).JPG
    52.9 KB · Views: 333
unfortunately, the CLX's would be a great fit in my room, which means I can't use that as an excuse not to buy a pair.

It's a good thing that my system isn't set up now.... It give me time to try and forget how good the CLX's sounded so when I finally do get my system back up and online, I'll be very happy with the sound...

I'll be very happy with the sound..
I'll be very happy with the sound...
I'll be very happy with the sound....
reQuests are awesome..
reQuests are awesome...
reQuests are awesome....

I'm going to go read a couple of old reviews of the reQuest.... that'll make me feel much better!!!

:rocker:

Started setting up my system tonight.. I tried and tried to get the rails off my reQuests, so I could do the Jim Power panel slippage fix, but for the life of me I could not get the rails off!! After pounding and pounding on them with a rubber mallet, I finally gave up...

Anyway, got 2 channel all set up and decided to call it a night... took a bunch of photos which I'll post up later...

God, my system sucks compared to the CLX system I heard in Kansas... heavy sigh.

:(

Started setting up my system tonight.. I tried and tried to get the rails off my reQuests, so I could do the Jim Power panel slippage fix, but for the life of me I could not get the rails off!! After pounding and pounding on them with a rubber mallet, I finally gave up...

Anyway, got 2 channel all set up and decided to call it a night... took a bunch of photos which I'll post up later...

God, my system sucks compared to the CLX system I heard in Kansas... heavy sigh.

:(

Are you sure you're going in the right direction? The Aeons are similar and have to slide upwards to come off. If thats the case with your Requests then you would need to lay the speaker on its side and tap on the bottom.

Last edited:
Yeah.. I first thought I was going the wrong way, but I searched the site and found the post about taking Quest panels off and it clearly shows them sliding up from the bottom. I POUNDED them in that direction and they wouldn't budge AT ALL.

It was REALLY hot in the house last night... about 85. I wonder if that had any effect on them not coming off.. I know it had an effect on ME!! I was sweatin' up a storm!!! :eek:

Latest posts

Back