Room Treatments

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey Jon - thanks for the response.

Yeah, it sure is a challenge - not made any easier by some of the fairly tasteless decor I have to put up with (I rent, so I'm not responsible - honest!). In answer to your first question, ceiling mounting is likely to be problematic for two reasons - firstly, artex doesn't take too kindly to having holes punched in it; secondly, there's a quite hideous archatrave/cornice thing running round the ceiling/wall joins, preventing the mounting of any right-angle backed products.

Thanks for the link to Custom Audio - I've seen their site before but found it hard to navigate (I'm sure their products are great, but their site is pretty crude and incomplete). While searching, I also found these guys - Blue Frog Audio - whose product looks pretty good.

I reckon that I'll probably end up buying a couple of the Blue Frog traps and finding some way of putting them against the front wall, until I can figure out a way of mounting them above the armchairs against the wall/ceiling at 45deg (yeah, I know what I said about the ceiling...). Assuming that works out, I'll then look at putting a third on the ceiling above the sofa - maybe. But that's some way off yet.

And the Velodyne looks like an interesting prospect - I'll have to read up on that...

Thanks again

Neil

Back