Rocky Mountain Audio Fest

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can't say enough about Roger's customer service....

I agree. Before I acquired InnerSound Eros MK III's with the improved, remote controlled active crossover bass amp, I had the MK II's with the not so desirable XA-200 active crossover bass amp. Roger provided his active crossover specs to me so I could have Phil Marchand build me a XM44 three way active xover. This allowed me to use the more powerful Sanders ESL amps on the panels/woofers with better control than the single knob on the XA-200.

I have the MK III’s with the Ultrastat panels now, and Roger told me they are sonically the same as the 10b’s so there was no need to upgrade speakers. The difference is the 10b’s are of modular construction, so they can be broken down and shipped in pieces versus strapping my MK III's to a pallet. The Sanders active crossover bass amp is more powerful (360WPC & 8 Ohms versus 300WPC and available seperately) with an improved crossover design.

As I age, my SOMA time is very important to me so the small sweet spot doesn’t bother me. The only time I get up is to flip an LP over, or stick another CD/SACD in. I don’t worry anymore about what folks think is better, and the door is open for folks to stop in and have a listen. Both brands of ESL’s can provide much enjoyment, provided they are set up properly.

... So I am just throwing this out there in case anyone else is interested in hosting such an event. I have no doubt that it would be a lot of fun and a worthy comparison of top-notch speakers, but I just can't pull it off right now. My time is too limited.

I sincerely thank Roger and Angela for being so willing to put forth their time, energy and product in an effort to allow us the opportunity to make the comparison. I can't say enough about Roger's customer service and willingness to do whatever he can to help his customers make good decisions.

I'd love to take that option up, but my own time is limited now as well.

I agree on the superb customer service and community participation.

And for the technically inclined Electrostatic fan, Rogers book is a must have.

Hey guys,

Roger says anytime you want to do something like that to just let him know. Rich, thank YOU so much for your kind post and message. Roger even says if you wanted to just set them up and give your own opinion without all the hoopla of a big throw down and post your opinions, he is open to that as well. He values and trusts your opinion very much.

Offer is an Open Invitation to you guys :)

Cheers,
Angela

p.s. Oh and please don't take any offense to Roger not posting directly. He's a very busy guy and I get to debrief with him each night in the hot tub and then I pass along to you. Hope that is OK with all.

Roger said a whole bunch of Martin Logan Owners Forum guys were in his room (Sanders Sound Systems) on Friday. He really enjoyed the visit. He's been so busy, it's hard to get names (and retain them). Anyone know who was there?

Any other news from the show?

Cheers,
Angela

AND what DO you call a big group of audiophiles? :think: Bunch doesn't seem adequate.[/QUOTE

Angela -

We only had a small showing from the forum that went to the RMAF.

Myself (Erik)

Twich54 (Dave)

Mitt (Tim)

Feltran (Seth)

Tim's friend, Joe.

Slowgeezr (Steve)

I stopped by but Roger had VERY little interest in speaking with me.

Hey guys,

Roger says anytime you want to do something like that to just let him know. Rich, thank YOU so much for your kind post and message. Roger even says if you wanted to just set them up and give your own opinion without all the hoopla of a big throw down and post your opinions, he is open to that as well. He values and trusts your opinion very much.

Offer is an Open Invitation to you guys :)

Cheers,
Angela

p.s. Oh and please don't take any offense to Roger not posting directly. He's a very busy guy and I get to debrief with him each night in the hot tub and then I pass along to you. Hope that is OK with all.

Angela,

There appears to be some interest on the part of the Chicago contingent. I have a small but well treated room and pair of Summits and a set of Rodger's mono-blocks. So if you and Roger are still interested, I am too.

--burke

Angela,

There appears to be some interest on the part of the Chicago contingent. I have a small but well treated room and pair of Summits and a set of Rodger's mono-blocks. So if you and Roger are still interested, I am too.

--burke

sheesh.... I just found out how to tag the thread to be notified by email... anyhoo... please give Roger a call and see what y'all can work out! sounds like fun!

Cheers,
Angela

ML Summits and Sanders 10B

It looks like this is actually going to happen.

I spoke with Roger last night about dates. This will probably go down in late January or early Feb 2009.

I am redoing (greatly expanding) the treatments in my listening room, and should be done around the holidays. So we will have a good room to test in.

Will start a post in the Regional get together section with the details as they develop.

dancing222.gif

It looks like this is actually going to happen.

I spoke with Roger last night about dates. This will probably go down in late January or early Feb 2009.

Burke,
If at all possible, not the first week in February, I'll be out of town and would really likt to be there for this event.

Very Interesting

It you will have me,I would love to be there.Please let me know.

This is probably posted somewhere, but I can never keep up with you guys....

Roger is shipping his stuff directly from T.H.E. Show to Burke's house for you guys to have your showdown at his place and then Roger is coming to the Feb 15th CAS meeting at the Arlington Heights Historical Society. Have FUN!!!

Angela

10B versus Summits showdown...

Roger has balls after all:)!

Should be very interesting. Wish I could be there...

This is probably posted somewhere, but I can never keep up with you guys....

Roger is shipping his stuff directly from T.H.E. Show to Burke's house for you guys to have your showdown at his place and then Roger is coming to the Feb 15th CAS meeting at the Arlington Heights Historical Society. Have FUN!!!

Angela

Burke,
I hope this doesn't mean the showdown is on Saturday Feb 14th.:eek:
That'll go over really good with Wilma. Happy Valentines Honey I'm off to Burke's Place for the day.

Burke,
That'll go over really good with Wilma. Happy Valentines Honey I'm off to Burke's Place for the day.

Since Roger is shipping directly from Las Vegas next week; Burke will have the speakers for a while before the CAS meeting for you guys to do your "thang"

So Happy Valentine's Day!!!

Burke,

Actually it's more like "Honey, I'm off to Burke's place for the day to look at new speakers."

Since Roger is shipping directly from Las Vegas next week; Burke will have the speakers for a while before the CAS meeting for you guys to do your "thang"

So Happy Valentine's Day!!!

Yes, I have started a thread under Regional Get Togethers, for this.

I will have the speakers for 3 to 4 weeks so any weekend from Jan 24th - Feb 8th will be available. This should give us three weekends so, anyone that wants to make this should be able to.

Back