reQuest repair

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

Arctica

What to do when the front panel of my left channel reQuest has moved down half an inch? I do not notice any impact to the sound but visually this looks strange.

Attachments

• 20070128_reQuest_01.jpg
    20070128_reQuest_01.jpg
    107.3 KB · Views: 252
What to do when the front panel of my left channel reQuest has moved down half an inch? I do not notice any impact to the sound but visually this looks strange.

Hola...you have to realign it again...disconnect all the speaker´s cables and the main A.C. Lay the speaker on its back over a cushion to protect the speakers cables connectors. With the help of a soft mallet (rubber) tap the top of each wooden rail about one inch until they are loose. Now you can move the stat panel to the original position. Be carefull with the woofer´s grill...it is only ornamental. Put back the rails and done!...happy listening,
Roberto.

Tom (our illustrious webmaster) has mentioned having this issue before as have others - so it's not uncommon. I've never had the problem on my ReQuests, but it could be related to our very low humidity here in Colorado. I think Tom mentioned something about an adhesive that looses it's grip over time. Roberto knows these speakers inside out though (literally), so you can bank on his advice being sound.

If you do a search on "slippage" and again on "slipping" you'll find out more information..

What Roberto's telling you is good, but I would replace the double sided foam tape that is helping the panels stay put. There is a little velcro on there also, but mostly the panels are being held up by double sided foam tape.

Tom.

Last edited:
My reQuests are 2000 model year and there are just little bits of velcro at the top and bottom of each side of the frame, with the double sided foam tape in between. I wonder if ML was experimenting with different things during the run of this model.

I thought about putting more velcro on, but went with replacement of the double sided foam tape instead.

My reQuests are 2000 model year and there are just little bits of velcro at the top and bottom of each side of the frame, with the double sided foam tape in between. I wonder if ML was experimenting with different things during the run of this model.

I thought about putting more velcro on, but went with replacement of the double sided foam tape instead.

Hola Tom...that´s exactly what I had done to service my customers...more velcro will help a lot...and there are no complaints regarding it. Happy listening,
Roberto.

Thanks guys, your advice was most helpful. Now it is as good as new ! Actually my speakers also have pieces of velcro at the top and bottom of each side of the frame. Maybe the left channel have had its share of vibrations as it is next to Velodyne sub.

Back