ReQuest as a center channel...

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

walukanis

Reaction score
I already have a set of Odysseys and Requests, and now I just found another pair of ReQuests in good condition for a great price. I was wondering if anybody would recommend putting two Requests right around TV and hooking them up as a Center channel to the amplifier? Is it possible? Placement would certainly be a big issue...

Regards,

Greg

No, I would not recommend that.

Even if the speakers were not huge dipoles, having two sources of 'center' channel sort of kills the whole point of a 'center', which is to have a single source for dialog that remains anchored to the screen, regardless of seating position.

Plus, you'd need to be seated >14' away for that to even begin to work right (for one person).

So I'd recommend looking for a used ML center instead. A Stage would do nicely with your setup.

Thanks for the suggestion,

Im thinking now about switching Odysseys/Requests for a single pair of Prodigies... And hunting for a center channel as well.

Greg

Thanks for the suggestion,

Im thinking now about switching Odysseys/Requests for a single pair of Prodigies... And hunting for a center channel as well.

Greg

You can always go 7.1 with the extra requests.

Agree with the consensus...center is all about placement.

I would love to go with 7.1 but that would make me change my preamp (Rotel) as well as somehow make my fiance(e? - never know how to spell it correctly :) ) accept it.... Probably it would double their cost :). Also I have no idea how would I place all of them. But the idea is outstanding :)

Back