Replacement panels have clear spars?

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Peter_Klim

Reaction score
I just received my ReQuest replacement panels today. They do NOT have clear spars. I thought all replacement panels now come in clear.

A few years back I replaced my Sequel III panels and they came with clear spars. And this model is older than the ReQuest.

I was really hoping for the ReQuest panels to be clear. I'm real bumming out. Especially when I'm already upset that I paid almost twice as much for them as when I should have ordered the SQL3. ( I was afraid they would go up another $100 like they did a few years before that, but Jim Powers told me I should just wait till I really needed them.) I probably could have gotten away with showering them, but I'm also afraid when I really REALLY need to replace them then they wouldn't even be available...or double in price again...

Anyway, has anyone replaced their ReQuest panels and gotten clear spars...or did you get the same black ones again?

I think any of the older Gen 1's with panels larger than the SL3/Sequels, will come with black spars only.

I found that out in 2006 when I ordered replacements for my Monoliths, they came with black spars. But the replacement panels for the SL3 had clear spars.

A bit of a shame, as the larger the panel, the more obvious the spars. But hey, these new panels sound great!

Back