rear wall??

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jmstpierre

Reaction score
Hi all,

I just recently discovered ML and was blown away.Decided I will definately get a apir soon,either theos, or ethos.
We are also building a new house and was wanting some advice regarding the rear wall.
Please see attached floor plans to get an idea of what m talking about.
the wall in question, is located directly across the couch, it s about 4990mm long with no immediate side wall,there will be a tv mounted on the wall, but it ll be flush with the rst of the wall surface.Speakers will be positioned on eitherside of tv, not yet sure how far apart..Directly behing each speaker panels will be accoustic treatment panels.
behind that wall is the dining.Ceiling are 2.7m but we may have to reduce to 2.4m height due to elevation.
We would love to make that whole area fairly open but not totally open.As such we were thinking of making that wall only 1.6m high which would be around the height of the speaker panels.Would that work, or is it better to have a full floor to ceiling wall.
For ceiling, what are the pros and cons of high ceilings or should i keep to 2.4m.Would it be better to use a purpose build accoustic gyprock for the ceiling?
Also, should the accoustic panels behind each speakers be wider that the speaker panels themselves .Can I have them flush with the wall surface as not too sure the wife be very please with foam panels sticking out.we are trying to achieve a modern contemporary house...
any advice is welcome
thanks in advance
john

Back