Random Picture and Video Thread

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Fish, my competitive racing days are behind me, I sold the car two years ago.

You will always have a seat when you get there.

Cops Bust Stool Fool
Ohio man arrested for drunk driving on a homemade vehicle
MARCH 31--In a law enforcement first, Ohio cops this month arrested a man for drunk driving on a motorized bar stool. That's right, a motorized bar stool, which can be seen below in a police evidence photo. According to cops, Kile Wygle, 28, crashed his bar stool near his Newark home earlier this month and called 911 due to his injuries. When an officer arrived and asked Wygle what happened, he answered, "I wrecked my bar stool." According to a Newark Police Division report, a copy of which you'll find here, Wygle's homemade ride is powered by a Briggs & Stratton lawnmower engine. Wygle noted that the bar stool could hit nearly 40 miles per hour, but that he was only going 20 when he wiped out late in the afternoon on March 4 (a witness told police that he spotted someone driving a "strange motorized machine" before the crash). A plastered Wygle, who failed a series of field sobriety tests, was charged with DUI and driving with a suspended license, both misdemeanors. His bar stool was not impounded.

Attachments

• 0331091stool1.jpg
    0331091stool1.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 232
http://futuremusic.com/blog/?p=2366
sonic_chair_back.jpg

sonic_chair_front.jpg

The back of the chair has an open design for what the company calls a “highly resonant sound environment” that features a “large body-focused sound membrane as backrest.”
» 4 Channel Amplifier with patented class D technology
» Left / Right / Overhead 2-way speakers
» SEAS subwoofer married to a body-focused sound membrane providing a claimed 16 to 40 Hz frequency bandwidth via silent physical vibration
» crossovers especially designed for the sonic chair in a 12 dB filter topology with high-end air-core coils and foil condensers
» Inputs for peripheral equipment including laptops, stereos, CD players, iPods or gaming consoles

http://www.sonicchair.de/

Just needs a cooling fan and a drink dispenser.:D

Outdoor Pipe Organ, Balboa Park, San Diego

Was lucky enough to get there during a performance. I am not normally a fan of the organ, but this was special.

Attachments

• PipeOrgan.jpg
    PipeOrgan.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 175
Testing some indoor camera settings on my seven year old digital camera while the wife watched one of her shows.
Lights-1.jpg

Lights-2.jpg

Let the lights go?

I like the background light to much.

Local store has this in their basement (Overture Audio, A2), I've read about these but never seen them before.

Attachments

• kappa1.jpg
    kappa1.jpg
    23.4 KB · Views: 130
  • kappa2.jpg
    kappa2.jpg
    24 KB · Views: 128
A nice speaker as I recall they have to be about 20 years old. I am sure that there are much better speakers for less.

I would think something like a Aerius would out perform the infinity for about the same price.

Not to mention the Guaranteed foam surround rot Infinity is known for ! I have heard them several times I would not pay more than $400 for them. A good pair of Mini monitors and a sub will blow them away ! They are just a step up from Blose ! Hudsons used to sell them :eek:

got crab ?

I thought I would share this comical sea creature with you all

Attachments

• crab.JPG
    crab.JPG
    78.5 KB · Views: 252
http://bayourenaissanceman.blogspot.com/2009_03_01_archive.html
Northrop%201929%20Flying%20Wing%201.jpg

http://bayourenaissanceman.blogspot.com/2009_03_01_archive.html
Shibam%207.jpg

Shibam is a town in Hadramawt, Yemen with about 7,000 inhabitants. Shibam is thought to have already come into existence by the 2nd century AD.....................Shibam is often called "the oldest skyscraper-city in the world" or "Manhattan of the desert", and is the earliest example of urban planning based on the principle of vertical construction.

Back