quick warranty question/advice in general

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jk319

Reaction score
Hey again guys,

Um, I just found on ebay a pair of used Vistas starting bid at 2.5k. Buy it now at 3150. If he bought at an authorized dealer, is the manufacturer's 5yr warranty still good, or is it voided once I buy them used?

Im hoping for good news... Is this too risky? Seller has only positive reviews, if not so many.

Hey again guys,

Um, I just found on ebay a pair of used Vistas starting bid at 2.5k. Buy it now at 3150. If he bought at an authorized dealer, is the manufacturer's 5yr warranty still good, or is it voided once I buy them used?

Im hoping for good news... Is this too risky? Seller has only positive reviews, if not so many.

Warranty is voided if you buy them used and the seller in question is not an authorized dealer.

There's nothing wrong with buying them used. I am sure lots of people on this site have used Logans.

eknuds,

Thanks for the reply. I now think I remember that my local dealer said that ML won't even sell parts to people that did not buy from an authorized dealer?

Have you heard this? If this is true, this could be pretty risky, but I want some MLs!

eknuds,

Thanks for the reply. I now think I remember that my local dealer said that ML won't even sell parts to people that did not buy from an authorized dealer?

Have you heard this? If this is true, this could be pretty risky, but I want some MLs!

That is NOT true. ML is SUPER even if you buy your speakers on the secondary market! Most of the older speakers are NOT still in the hands of the original owner by now and yet, guess what ML treats them like royalty anyway! The ONLY ML speakers I am the original owner for is my Depth and Ascent and yet they give me any help I want for my Prodigy, Script or the Aerius i that I used to own but recently sold. They are awesome and it sounds like your ML dealer is just mad that you are looking for used gear!

Also, there are some states that don't allow a manufacturer to dissalow warantee transfers if the item was originally purchased within the manufacturer's terms. I'm not sure about California, but I know that Florida is one of them!

very interesting. Thanks guys.

Maybe Ill go place a bid! That dealer btw had no idea that I was going to look for used. I mean, I didnt even know myself! Once again, I appreciate it.

Ebay Goodies

Yeah, I have been keeping a close eye on that auction as well, just out of curiosity have you seen the entire ML surround system up there too?

http://cgi.ebay.com/Speakers-Martin...ryZ32861QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

The vista auction is still running as well, at 2500$ with 100$ shipping...

http://cgi.ebay.com/MARTIN-LOGAN-VI...ryZ14993QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I am in the same boat as you as far as the warranty goes, I figure if I am going to drop some thousands of dollars on gear I want it new and would like to experience the fantastic euphoric moments :p as the panels get "broken in" although a good deal is a good deal, and the seller has mentioned that they are fairly new and are still being "broken in"

Back