Panel question.

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cyclone

Reaction score
What ML speakers utilize the same panels as the Sequels and SL3?

definitely not. The panels for the Ascent series are wider.

Hola...the mechanical set up, is different, but are the same panel size...you can take off all the plastic of the Ascent panels and you have a Sequel and SL-panel...you can ask at ML service this question also...happy listening,
Roberto.

The sequel, sequel II, SL3, and Ascent have the same panel and all have a 10" woofer in common. Yet they vary in frequency response from 28-2400hz to 35-2200hz, one crosses over at 125hz another 280hz, one weighs 45 lbs more than the other.
Has anyone spent time with a number of, or all of these and if so what difference if any did you notice.

The Panels for the Odysseys are the same as the Ascent i which are the same as the Ascent and therefore the same as the Sequel, Sequel II and SL3 in dimensions. Keeping them the same between models simplifies production and saves on manufacturing costs.

The only real differences are clear spars and microperf used on the panels. I"m willing to bet that they are probably all physically interchangeable between these models.

The crossovers are set at different frequencies between the models but there are probably set that way for the cabinet and woofer rather than any panel differences if there are any.

Serial number

Just bought secondhand ML ARIUS serial number AEF 1535
On the top of the panel in the back showed another serial number
ASKH 723 ,means it the revisation?
Sounds ok, and I bought them for 675 euro is that fair?
thanks

Last edited:

The only real differences are clear spars and microperf used on the panels. I"m willing to bet that they are probably all physically interchangeable between these models. ...

Agree that spars and mounts are the main variances. However, I do not recall that there was ever an xstat variant of that panel size. Which model do you know had those?

IIRC, xStat appeared on panels shorter than the 4' standard for the line being discussed.

Just bought secondhand ML ARIUS serial number AEF 1535
On the top of the panel in the back showed another serial number
ASKH 723 ,means it the revisation?
Sounds ok, and I bought them for 675 euro is that fair?
thanks

Price seems fair for Europe.

All speakers boxes have a unique serial number, as does each and every panel, therefore each speaker pair will have four serial numbers, two for the boxes and two for the panels.

See the serial number decoder for more info

Back