Overkill???

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

notasuv

Reaction score
Have a chance to pick up a ML Cinema center channel for a great price...would it be too much speaker to use with a pair of Montages as front mains...havent listened to it yet....will hear it this weekend...looking for a lil input..thanks in advance.....best wishes this upcoming year to all

The center channel is the most important channel in a HT system. There is no such thing as overkill. See JonFo's system for his custom built SL3 Center speaker. I have personally considered getting a third Summit for a center.

Forget second guessing, just sit back, listen and enjoy.

The center channel is the most important channel in a HT system. There is no such thing as overkill.
I absolutely agree with this. In fact, I'd even recommend the Theater instead of the Cinema if there's any way you can do it. (Don't worry if you can only get the Cinema as its an excellent center channel ... its just that the Theater is that much better. :D )

Just be aware of the fact that once you've heard the Cinema (an esl) that the Montage may seem hollow. I was trying to use a Theater i (Cinema's big brother) with a pair of Mosaics (Montage's big brother) for the FL & FR.....they couldn't cut it.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back