Other than a M134 mini Gun what other gun would you like to shoot?

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Guns are scary. I don't like them one bit. I don't ever want to shoot any gun! I prefer peace, love and an administration who feels war is not the answer. :rocker:
I agree. Personally I am a fan of the super soaker pistol :D

Trust me, the Barrett M82A1 is the gun you should be
cleaning when your 16-year-old daughter's creepy
boyfriend comes to pick her up...

Attachments

• M82A1.jpg
    M82A1.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 155

Attachments

• anh026.jpg
    anh026.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 128
Thats pretty good. How'd you capture that image?

Tj

TJ,

I snapped it from the ****pit of my X-Wing, with a Sony Alpha DSLR... ;)

Actually i got it from a Star Wars fan site on the web...

--Richard

LOVE that Barrett round and the bolt gun for it! Just an AMAZING piece of work.

I sold my full auto Aug a few years back, but what a neat gun it was. Don't wear a white shirt when firing them though as the bull pup design puts a little crap out the stock right on to your shirt.

The H&K gear is the way to go for subguns and I LOVE them!

The Norrell full auto 10/22 w/ integral suppressor is so quiet and controllable that you could write your name in cursive with it! Just AMAZING!

The AWC 77/22 suppressed bolt action .22 is quieter than anything you have EVER SHOT! Just unreal. You could shoot indoors w/o any need for hearing protection of any kind. They are quieter than any high powered pellet gun I have ever been around!

I thought you needed a Federal Dealers license (level 4?) for any fully automatic weapon in any state.

This was probably already answered. Each state is different. Some will allow for suppressors, but not machine guns, some machine guns, but not suppressors, some ONLY Curio & Relic (C&R) weapons, some any/all of the above.

Any individual can own what is legal in his state if he/she is legal to own normal FFL transfered weapons. The above weapons are all CLASS 3 stuff and require a dealer w/ a C3 license to transfer them to you. They all take a one time $200 transfer tax and you must jump through a zillion hoops w/ local law enforcement as well as an FBI background check to get them, but it just takes money and time...

There have been no new machine guns for public consumption since 1986 thanks to the McClure Volkmer act, so all machine guns are outrageously expensive these days. Figure a minimum of $5k for crap and $15k for something you might actually really enjoy and you will be right in there. Suppressors can be bought new so they stay in the $750 to $1300 range or more depending on what they can do and how good they can do it.

For those of you who express some illogical fear of guns, not a single one of my weapons has EVER exited the safe on its own or shot a single round without being in the hand of a human pulling the trigger. It is NOT the guns you should fear but some of the crazy people out there...by the way, if you take their guns they will just beat you to death with a baseball bat or a golf club! It is NOT THE GUN, it is the PERSON that is bad... I have been shooting since I was 5 and hunting since I was 6 and have never had a single problem; nor have any others (men and women) in my big time hunting family.

James, where you been? Haven't seen any posts from you in quite a while. I shot my first deer a couple of weeks ago, now to learn how to cook the deer meat I've got. Got any good recipes?

AC-130 Spectre Gunship

A single 20MM gatling gun on an AC-130 Gunship produce enough thrust from the recoil that the pilot can only fire the weapon for a few seconds since it pushes the aircraft out of its orbit. A single gunner can operate but loading 3000 rounds of ammo is a lot of work and takes a crew

The 40MM Bofors Canon fires at a rate of 100 rounds per minute and is takes some speed as a gunner to keep up with it.

The 105MM Howitzer takes a crew of three to operate it and gives a little kick to the aircraft when it goes off.

There is no thrill like firing both 20MMs and the 40MM simultaneously and when fired together produces quite the fireworks show on the ground.

If you are on the ground near the target you hear three distinct sounds from the 20MM gun. 1st is the impact of the rounds as they detonate on impact. 2nd is an eerie sound of the projectiles making a sonic boom as they travel through the air at over 3300 feet per second. 3rd is the sound of the gun firing. You hear these sounds in this order due to the proximity of you to the source. Of course, if you are the target, you only hear one sound.

I shot my first deer a couple of weeks ago/QUOTE]

Steve, you sure it wasn't the neighbors dog. I understand Texas whitetails are more like house pets !

:D Yeah, they're smaller than some of the deer from your neck of the woods; makes for a more challenging shot! I used a Model 70, 243, which nailed the heart at 300 yards. The deer landed about five feet from where he was hit. :rocker:

That wouldn't be a pre 1964 model 70 by any chance ???

Venison receipe

My all time favorite way to enjoy venison:

Pat the steaks with Garlic salt then with McCormack Spiced pepper blend lots of both.

It gets a little messy here best cooked outside in an iron skillet About a 1/2 inch of olive oil heated until it is smoking no more than 2 or 3 minutes per side depending on the thickness.

That wouldn't be a pre 1964 model 70 by any chance ???

No, as the serial number is over 1,000,000. It's a great rifle though, with a Simmons White Tail Classic scope. I inherited it (among others) when my father passed away. He was a true rifle man and was on the USAF rifle team for many years. I have many great memories of shooting with him as I grew up.

My all time favorite way to enjoy venison:

Pat the steaks with Garlic salt then with McCormack Spiced pepper blend lots of both.

It gets a little messy here best cooked outside in an iron skillet About a 1/2 inch of olive oil heated until it is smoking no more than 2 or 3 minutes per side depending on the thickness.

Thanks! I'll give that recipe a try. I've got steaks from the hams, the tenderloins, and medallians from the back strap. The rest is ground. I'll probably make some chili and search the web for some more recipes.

Imagine this new BIRD the AIR Force is gona have !

That baby is gona be bad ass!

The First F/A-22 Delivering to Langley AFB

These are Great In-flight Photos of the F/A-22 as the first Aircraft Delivery
was being made to Langley AFB in Va. . Langley is to be first Operational AFB
for the F/A-22. It is a very Beautiful AFB, located in a picturesque
location, as you can see in these photos, near Norfolk and Hampton , Va.

The Aircraft flying along with the F/A-22 in the last of these photos is the
F-15, which will be replaced by the F/A-22 which is several times better
than the F-15.

In Actual In-flight (simulated) Combat Operations against the F-15, two
F/A-22's were able to operate without detection while it went Head to Head
against (8) F-15's. The F/A-22's scored Missile Hits (Kills) against all
the F-15 Aircraft and the F/A-22's were never Detected by either the F-15's
or Ground Based Radar.

Maj. Gen. Rick Lewis said: "The Raptor Operated Against All Adversaries with
Virtual Impunity; Ground Based Systems Couldn't Engage and NO Adversary
Aircraft Survived"!!!

F/A-22-- America 's Most Advanced Fighter Aircraft for the 21st Century!!!!

They're a titanium and carbon fiber dagger. They're so advanced that if their on-board

locator is switched off even our own satellites can lose track of them.

They're the first military aircraft ever built that is equipped with a "black-out button". What

that means is this .....

The best conditioned fighter pilots are capable of maintaining consciousness up to in the vicinity

of 15+ G. The Raptor is capable of making 22+ G. turns. If some day an adversary builds a missile

that is capable of catching up to one of these airplanes and a Raptor pilot sees that a strike is

imminent, he hits the "b.o.b." and the airplane makes a virtual U-turn, leaving the missile to pass

right on by.

They know that in the process he'll temporarily lose consciousness, so the Raptor then automatically

comes back to straight and level flight until he wakes back up.

Attachments

• f221.jpg
    f221.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 101
Last edited:
Back