Odyssey wiring schema + pics

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

walukanis

Reaction score
Can anybody provide me with detailed pictures of the inside electronics of the speaker (crossover). I just found out that the previous owner in his infinite wisdom was playing around with it and soldered some stuff here and there without disclosing that.... I would like to put them to factory wiring... The job doesnt even look professional. I can provide pics on Saturday of what it looks like now.... Wiring schema would be good too, even though I will have hard times reading it...

Regards,

Greg

Can anybody provide me with detailed pictures of the inside electronics of the speaker (crossover). I just found out that the previous owner in his infinite wisdom was playing around with it and soldered some stuff here and there without disclosing that.... I would like to put them to factory wiring... The job doesnt even look professional. I can provide pics on Saturday of what it looks like now.... Wiring schema would be good too, even though I will have hard times reading it...

Regards,

Greg

Do post the pics, but I've yet to see schematics for the Odyssey.

You might want to contact ML and get their input and request a copy of the crossover schematics. For older models, they have been kind enough to share those in the past.

Do post the pics, but I've yet to see schematics for the Odyssey.

You might want to contact ML and get their input and request a copy of the crossover schematics. For older models, they have been kind enough to share those in the past.

It's a good idea to contact ML. However, I recently contacted them for the crossover schematics for the Prodigy's and was told that those also contained some proprietary driver information and could not be released.

It's a good idea to contact ML. However, I recently contacted them for the crossover schematics for the Prodigy's and was told that those also contained some proprietary driver information and could not be released.

Which means that they want you to replace the older and "improved" electronics.

Thanks for the responses. When I come back home (2 weeks) I will take pics of the "assembly". It looks to me (untrained eye) like a total hack, including some tin on the bottom of the cabinet. There is just a one big mesh of cables being soldered together (probably 3 or 4 cables)... They do play... but I have them unhooked as I have no idea what somebody was trying to do with them....

Once I would be at soldering is there anything I should look into for upgrade/replace do to the age of the components?

Regards,

Greg

Odyssey internals

Here is a copy of one of my Odyssey plates - I used this to a couple of years ago with the ML service department to illustrate an issue.

Good luck.

Attachments

• MLO.jpg
    MLO.jpg
    81.7 KB · Views: 377
Please see the pictures that I took.

If anybody can help me how to detangle that stuff, I would highly appreciate it.

Actually I need to sell those speakers... as I will be moving soon, but we can talk about it on PM if somebody is interested. It is not a sale ad.

Last edited:
Back