Newbie in MN

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ML Goat

Reaction score
I just bought some ESL's.. Sounds great,but the right one cuts in and out. If I tap the back or side of where the woofer is,it comes on and goes off again.. :( I'm guessing there is a loose wire inside.. Gotta bring it back to best buy tonight and get a new one.

Welcome and good luck with the return/repair.

And don't let the slow welcome wagon get your goat. It can definitely be a morgue here at times.

When you get a chance, please share more about your system, musical tastes, etc. And leverage the search tool too - lots of great threads and helpful information sprinkled throughout.

Cheers!

Gotta bring it back to best buy tonight and get a new one.

Welcome........sorry to here about your troubles, don't let Best Buy get your 'goat' ! .......:devil:

Welcome to the Martin Logan Owners community.

A faulty ML speaker a very rare occurrence given the high quality of the marque.

All of us sincerely hope your replaced electrostatic speaker gives you years of listening pleasure.

Last edited:
Hi Goat,

A warm welcome from Australia. Don't get depressed with the speaker issues the sound is worth the hassles. I had issues with a light in my CLX's when new and it was a plug that had come undone. I had to do the repair myself after advice from the dealer. They are 1,600 miles away in Sydney so over a couple of emails I got convinced to open up the crossover box and delve in. In the end it was a simple fix and the sound has got better ever since. The ML's are fantastic speakers and really float my boat. Anyway sorry about the slow response from the site. I have found the people here really helpful especially Tom who helped me get my system on line.

Again welcome,
Tony.

Thank you guys.. I got the speaker replaced last night.. All is good :) I'm currently running an Onkyo 805,The ESL's,gonna order an EM C2. Using def tech 8040 surrounds right now. I have a Klipsch 12" and Jamo 15" subs.. Will probably add an amp in the future..

That's what I figured.. I'll get an Emotiva X3 amp in the future.. :)

Back