New speakers, new arrangement

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Satch

Reaction score
Hey Gang,

I finally got the ball rolling on a new set of Spires. Hope to have them up and running in a few weeks. :D:D:D

I also want to do a little rearranging with my set up and need some advice.

I want to move my 3 tier Adonis rack that holds the TT, Cary SLP 98-P and Ayre V-5xe from in between the speakers to a side wall along with the digital stuff.

I'm thinking about keeping the Depth i sub up on the 18" ASC Sub Trap just right of center and getting a stand for the Ayre amp, just left of center. With my listening room being wider (20') than the (14') front to back. I need to get the speakers a little closer together. I know this arrangement is far from ideal, but there is just no other way to do it. :(

From the preamp I'm running AQ Diamondbacks; 2 channel mode with 2 channel output to the Depth i. When I move the rack w/ preamp and all the stuff in front of that to the other wall I'll need around 30' of IC to get to the Depth i > Ayre. > Spires.

The AQ cables are all I know (Rocket 88's to the speakers) and the 2 channel mode with 2 channel output sounded awesome so I left it that way. I tend to not tinker around with something that's working well.

Should I just go with a pair of 30' AQ Diamondback IC's and keep the 2-ch. mode with 2-ch. output? Would I be better off with a different type of IC or maybe a different pre>sub> speaker configuration?

Any suggestions are welcome and I'd love to hear how the new Spires are working out for you guys. I'm sooo stoked!!!

Satch

Latest posts

Back