New panels how long?

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

repman

Reaction score
Hey Guys I just installed new panels in my Sequel II's yesterday and have been playing music thru them nonstop to break in and charge the new panels.

My question is to those of you who have replaced your panels how long is the break in period and do they change sound over time?

I have not sat down to listen to them on top oif that I have a head cold and my ears are plugged to boot :mad:

Just curious what I can expect from those of you who have replaced your panels

Thanks

My CLS panels had a remarkable difference between 50-100 hours and REALLY opened up around the 200 hour mark. Sequel panels might not take as long.

Hi Glen, that size panel does take about 100hrs to fully open up.

I see a trend that has the larger panels taking a bit longer. My Monolith panels took almost double that to settle in.

Should be fun!

Now you have me thinking about my Sequels, but even after 17 years, they still do just fine (especially as rear channels).

thanks guys, Jon I think you might want to reconsider from what i can hear now they will be a big step over the old panels also your rears get a workout with all of the multi-channel music you listen to

When I replaced my Sequel 2 Panels I seem to recall that...

I gave them a solid two weeks of relatively high volume, dynamic play, 24 x 7.

It drove my friggin' pets and partner crazy, but in the end, it was worth it. :rocker:

Back