New panels for Quests

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mosttoysrk

Reaction score
Just replaced the panels on my Quests, worth every penny. What a difference.
30 minutes to change both panels and they were a new speaker. I thought I had totally lost my high frequency hearing. I recommend anyone with older ML to look into replacing the panels.....

Cool!

How long have you had the Quests? Did you buy them new?

Tom.

PS.. Quests started production in 1991, so I changed the title of your post. ;)

I purchased the Quests new and you are right about the date. I think it was sometime in 93. 1st Generation Quests... I still am looking for a used pair of CLS IIz's but they are very hard to come by, so in the meantime I decided to change the panels on my Quests and maybe this will be enough.... doubt it though..... I have the Quests with the ML Descent sub, powered by all Krell electronics, what really surprised me was the improvement in my LP sound.
Using a Lynn Sondek vintage turntable this is for sure from the 80's.

very nice, what Krell equipment do you run ? I to run Krell amp through a Theta Miles player !

Just replaced the panels on my Quests, worth every penny. What a difference.
30 minutes to change both panels and they were a new speaker. I thought I had totally lost my high frequency hearing. I recommend anyone with older ML to look into replacing the panels.....

Mine are getting a bit long in the tooth also. Could you ball park the cost of the new panels? And did you have anyother symptoms beisde a high frequency degradation?

Thanks,
Joe

My Krell gear is pretty old also, KSA-250 for an Amp, KBL preamp, Krell KPS20i CD player, I have ripped all of my CD's to a 2 Terrabyte ReadyNas NV and use a Sonos system to feed the digital signal to the processor in my Krell.
The panels were about 675.00 for both. Before the change I was also noticing that one panel was putting out less volume than the other. I did try to Vacuum the panels with little difference. I did not however try to wash the panels. I did keep the old panels and may try to wash them just for the heck of it.
On the installation of the panels, the instructions note to use a rubber mallet to remove the side wood panels. That did not work for me. I had to give the bottom of the wood side trim a good rap with a hammer directly. It did not damage the wood. After that the rest was easy...
For me the difference between the old and the new panels was HUGE...I should have done it sooner...Contact Jim Powers at Martin Logan, he is the best for info and getting your new panels ordered and delivered to you quickly.

Back