New member (ML Vista)

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
M

mortebjo1

Hi..

I just bought at pair of ML Vista. I fell in love with electrostats when I heard Quad ESL 57 years ago. I love the magic electrostats provide. I am now looking for an amplifier. I have tried a old pair of NAD and the norwegian make Hegel. I am not convinced and considering to buy a class A 80 W Jungson. Do anyone have experience with Jungson? I am on a budget thats why I find a Chinese amplifier interesting. My second option is to bi-amp and use my old NAD's for the bass and maybe a cheap tube-amplifier for the panels. I have heard ML Vista on a Sugden amplifier and that was convincing. Any suggestions?

Welcome, How's the weather in Norway these days ??

Congrats on the Vista's, bi-amping sounds like fun on those speakers, but remember the panels are very revealing so just don't assume "any ole cheap tube amp" will sound good on them !!

I am unfamiliar with your european choices, but I definitely would not mix a NAD with a tube amp on the stats. You are better getting one very good amp than using two mediocre ones.

Welcome welcome to our little forum!

Please do not use a cheapie tube amp for the panels as they are more revealing (in experience) than most other speakers I have had in my possession.

And again, :welcome:.

Joey

Jolida?

Thank you for the response!
I think I will end up with a class A amp. I really want to check out a tube amp, maybe Jolida. What worries me is ML's low impedance and I am wondering if Jolida (JD 801A or jd 1000A) have enough current to drive them?

Morten

From what I have seen jolida amps seem to break alot. I used to work for a dealer and we always had problems with them.

Vista's... Brilliant!

Morten,

Welcome to the ML Club! :D

Congratulations on your new Vista's. Yes, Class "A" is a good call also tubes in the path via a good tubed preamp can provide extreme listening pleasure... :D

Good luck on your audio quest... ;)

Back