New feet/spikes/plinths for Electromotion ESL

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

westrock2000

Reaction score
Bought these feet off eBay, have been looking for a way to stabilize the ESL's (have small kids).

Listing was called "4pcs Combined Type Audio Speaker Shockproof Spike Foot for Subwoofer Bookshelves"

Tried to come up with a way that didn't require modifying the speaker enclosure, so I can remove them if needed.

I use the pre-existing 3/8-16 threaded insert for primary strength and then use 3M heavy duty double sided tape on the metal bottom plate for additional strength and to keep the feet from rotating.

The speakers are totally stable now. Side to side, back and forth, no rocking anymore. Plus they look far better then the factory plastic feet.

The feet are $50 per set of 4 (as of writing this), so I got 2 sets ($100 total). But since the feet are very close to the same height of the stock feet you might be able to get by just buying one set and putting them on the front only, use the stock feet still on the back. But I need absolute stability.

H7uKdUU.jpg

olCo6pl.jpg

Ws1IbMt.jpg

JVSxLOQ.jpg

fMFcLwD.jpg

Last edited:
Excellent new supports and thanks for the photos. They look impressive too. Are they adjustable for height - in case the floor isn't flat?

I'd like something similar for my speakers. Thanks. Peter

Last edited by a moderator:
Are they adjustable for height - in case the floor isn't flat?

Yes they are adjustable. There is a threaded stud that goes through the aluminum and both cones screw on to. With the right sized fender washer you could probably get 1/4" to 3/8" and not have a noticable gap between the bottom cone and aluminum strut.

Means you could also make them taller with a longer stud and spacer.

I got the same set few months back from Taobao, believe or not, the bass response and image improved dramatically.
IMG_5751 2.jpg

Yes they are adjustable. There is a threaded stud that goes through the aluminum and both cones screw on to. With the right sized fender washer you could probably get 1/4" to 3/8" and not have a noticable gap between the bottom cone and aluminum strut.

Means you could also make them taller with a longer stud and spacer.

Thanks. Just ordered 2 sets for my Avantgarde speakers. I'm inclined to install them at right angles to the speaker sides (at least the back pair), if only so that the speakers can be laid flat on their backs.

Thanks. Just ordered 2 sets for my Avantgarde speakers. I'm inclined to install them at right angles to the speaker sides (at least the back pair), if only so that the speakers can be laid flat on their backs.

Now fitted to my AG speakers. A bit less offset and fitted with Iso Acoustic Gaia II feet. This was just part of a visual transformation of Avantgarde Duo speakers that have as standard 3 rather unattractive "scaffold poles" supporting the horns.

IMG_5969.jpg

IMG_5969.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_5962.jpg
    IMG_5962.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 234
Back