New Electromotions defective!!!!

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Questy

Reaction score
Had them for one hour after waiting 2 months and one of them cracks and loses volume!! If I increase the volume it balances out but lower levels it almost disappears. I changed sides and it was the same one! Going back tomorrow. Not so good QC!!!!!

My dealer is great and they deal directly with PLURISON the Canadian distributer. I have to admit that even though they are defective when they did work they were excellent! I was very surprised. Not sure why they were not properly checked at the factory because they did this right out of the box! They were even signed out by someone! I think he should have his hearing checked!!!! Not very good quality control at all!! I am actually replacing 5000$ Focals for these in which I can say the ML's beat them easily even at this price!
It would seem to be a crossover issue or the power supply and now I will probably have to wait another 2 months to get a new pair since production is very slow!
Not acceptable ML!!!!!

Well hey now. I dont think you should jump on ML for you getting a lemon. THere are thousands of these speakers around the world as we speak and if you are the first to get this issue, then I would say thats pretty good. Sucks that you got the one bad pair but still a pretty good turn out.

Well hey now..........Do you think this is the first pair I have owned?? I did say hey are excellent but cold solder joints should not occur! Like I said, they sound like a 5000$ speaker easily blowing away my Focals! I did not jump on ML but the person that signed them out obviously did not listen to them properly.
Anyways I will know tomorrow what I need to do. I have been very well taken care of like always and no matter how bitter I sound, I will always want ML speakers but if you don't say something nothing gets fixed. The type of problem is not easy to understand as to why it was not noticed that's all.

I too, had a crackling sound out of my right speaker two days ago. It seems okay now but, this thread makes me wonder.

I blamed it on my old equipment initially.

I will be interested to see how this is resolved.

You have the same model? I'm pretty sure my problem is unique. As far as I know, a new pair is on the way and ML did contact me and will help if need be but my dealer is fantastic so I am sure that tomorrow will solve this problem.
I am using Bryston 4BSST2/BP-26 Pre, Bryston DAC/Bryston digital player and CD player so equipment was not an issue.

Yes. Electromotion. I've had them for a month or so and used them with no problems until the pop! sound emited from the right speaker. It was loud enough to cause me to jump.

I used some compressed air to blow them free of dust, gently. So far, so good.

Not sure if there is a problem or not.Your post drew my attention though.

I'm getting some new components tomorrow. If the problem should reoccur, the five year warranty should cover any problems with the speaker.

hey there. Gripe all u want. It is justified and doesn't matter if you are the only one on the planet. Nobody wants to buy a new product and have that happen. I hope ML helps you out and expedites a new pair for you. Maybe try and send a PM to Justin who is in marketing at ml on this site. Good luck. Tim

They have been very helpful so I am not worried. Customer service is still as it always was. QC not sure. new factory, new people, new product........maybe still in its infant stages so caution on the production.
No matter what though.........this speaker is bound for huge success! They truly are amazing and nothing at that price can even dream of coming close! I just hope that mass selling them to Future Shops and Best Buys won't hurt more then help!

Hola. When I listened to them at the big Show, I thought that I was listening to the big guys that where next to them, and I was wrong!... they are truly a hi-end product with ML magic!. Hope that soon you will have them back singing for you again. Happy listening,
Roberto.

I am in my third decade of selling quality audio/video products, and have seen weird stuff happen from time to time. In my experience, root cause is almost always poor handling during shipment after leaving the production facility. With all the excellent packaging available now, it is almost impossible to see from the outside of the box if something was mishandled, such as being knocked over, because the interior packaging is designed to protect cosmetic finishes. Nobody packages anything to absorb interior impact trauma from being dropped. Usually such damage which can occur in that event will show up pretty quickly when the product is actually placed into use, and the retailer will of course make the situation right for the customer. Meanwhile, LeRoy and BillyBob who caused the problem months before as they were loading the pallets for shipping somewhere along the supply chain have no clue that a problem was created. It is always important to place an item into service very soon after purchase, not leave it in storage for months while the house renovation drags on endlessly, because then you can count on the retailer to be on your side.

"ElectroMotion" is not a model; it's a series which as of today has three separate models. Why would ML seem to encourage this sort of confusion?

I have just noticed that both speakers whether plugged in or not work!!!! I thought the panels would not work without being plugged in!!!!! I am getting more confused all the time here!!!!!!!! ANYBODY???????????

I have noticed it too. The sound is soft and quite and when plugged in a whole lot of wow:rocker: The signal from the receiver or amp is enough to produce sound, just not loud.

I am certain that someone here with more experience will be able to give a better and technical explanation.

Ok I have noticed that too........Can't go as loud but that is all. At low volume, no difference! Strange

Back