new cleaning machine

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It may be wise to be careful about using DI water - its pH is not neutral, hence it can be corrosive.

That was a recommendation at Pink Fish - you might be right, though.

Put it this way - I am not going to bother with it. The above works just fine, at least with the boiled tap water I have:)

cleaning up your own mess

the trick is getting up the dirt water and fluid. The old discwasher brush was excellent at dislodging the dirt only to leave it when you picked up the brush.
That's what you pay for in an RCM. The better the machine the better it is at sucking everything out of the groove.

Brian that is Albert Porters machine which he lists at $7500 I believe.:music:

The above works just fine, at least with the boiled tap water I have:)

Justin while that may 'just fine' for you, as a universal recomendation .....absolutely....NOT !! way to many variables with tap water.

example...here's why.... in my case my water (my own well provided) is relatively hard, so merely boiling it does nothing ...unless you capture the steam, cool, condense and filter it...ie distilled water.

Myself I only use Reagent grade medical water.

I agree Dave as a general recommendation.

My first thought was distilled - but I thought using the kettle water was worth a try... my thinking was that boiling extracts some of the hardness - otherwise you wouldn't get limescale build up in yer kettle...

Back