My older MARTIN LOGAN SEQUEL

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ducakrugs

Reaction score
This is my humble System from Blackpool UK... Bought the Logan sequels from a friend . I am am electronics panel engineer so cleaned everything with the advice of the great team at Martin Logan..
They sounded good but sound amazing now..:rocker: I have got to say being new to martin Logan scene after having a lot of great speakers over around 35 years , these are the best I have ever heard.. Like being at the gig with some recordings.. They seem to compliment Krell electronics and the ps audio dac I use, Anyway hello to everyone and thanks to The Martin Logan customer services that I e mailed for tech help..
All the best from Blackpool UK to everyone .... I am sold and will be auditioning a couple of the newer designs.. Has anyone any advice as I like these 8 inch woofer design ??? Any comments appreciated...

logans.jpg

Last edited:
Welcome aboard. I lived with Sequels for 18 years - bought them brand new when ML first introduced them in 1987.. Wonderful speaker at the time. My biggest complaint with them was the integration between bass (10", not 8") and the panel.. It wasn't very cohesive, but still they sounded fantastic. The more you learn about how to place them, the more open and amazing they will become, so tinker with that for a bit... When you're sitting in the sweet spot, they should disappear... that's how you know they're properly placed.. You'll be in nirvana then.

Hi TomDAC ' Just a question about year of manufacture.. looking at the site serial numbers it seems my speakers have replacement panels..

There is a number 3 in between the SSJ .. The J indicating a 1998 year of manufacture and the C being March..

Its just the numbers 1 '2 and 3 on the site that are perplexing me .. I have the number 3

Here are the serial numbers SS3JC724 and SS3JC725.. Are they replacements as I thought the speakers themselves were older

All the best any info much appreciated

file:///C:/Users/ducak/AppData/Local/Packages/Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge_8wekyb3d8bbwe/TempState/Downloads/ML%20Serial%20Number%20Codes.pdf

This is the site info reffered to thanks

Back