Moving ascents without boxes

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

timm

Reaction score
Hi all. So my brother is moving and of course... his wife threw out his boxes for his ascents. Any recommendations for a safe move? It’s about a 20 mile move... thanks Tim

I couldn't find info on removing the panels for transporting separately. But in the manual it instructs installing the feet while the speakers lay on their sides, just like most of our speakers.

So,
Try to find some anti-static/lint-free material with which to wrap the speakers.
Get some cardboard sheets so you can create a flat surface.
Lay down some moving blankets on top of the cardboard.
Lay the speakers on their sides, preferably with the woofer ends facing front of vehicle in case of quick stop.
Stuff more blankets to restrict movement during transport.

Your brother should make sure he's in control of the speakers the entire time. Others are not invested enough to know what is fragile and what isn't.

Tim,

do they still have the 'condom' wraps for the speakers ? cover them, lay on their sides with blankets on a flat surface, take a ride.........

Thanks guys. No he doesn’t have any wrap or box. I had boxes for my Odyssey’s and I showed the guys the boxes and said ‘whatever you do - don’t screw these up’. Good idea on the wrap though. I almost think I’d go in the back and ride with them. Maybe keep them on their feet to prevent more shock to the internals. I’ll see what he says.

Back