Motion 4 stands ?

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like how you were able to mount them but is there a way to make the speaker straight and not tilted as shown in the picture????

Yes, the picture was taken with the stand on a hard wood floor without any footings or spikes. I screwed in the spikes so that the stand is pitched backward slightly, which makes the top of the speaker horizontal (which I think is the key). One could bend the L-shaped mounting bracket to raise the angle of the speakers upward further, but I think they're actually perfect as is. Don't forget, this is precisely the angle at which the speakers are meant to be hung -- they hang from the wall at the same angle. Consider also that Martin Logan recommends hanging them upside down if hanging them above ear-level because they project sound upward (when oriented upright). Additionally, since these speakers are situated right behind and above my seating position, I think it's perfect.

What's weird is I have the speakers about 36 inches off the ground and I woke up this morning and one of them was lowered to the bottom by itself. So I'm not so sure about the 10lbs load anymore. I've only had it 2 months and shouldn't be doing that.

Perhaps something like "loctite" will keep the inner shaft from sliding down inside the outer shaft.

Last edited:
So I really not liking how one of my stands inner tubes keeps sliding through. I'm going to purchase a stand that doesn't adjust. I'm either looking at the Omnimount Gemini 2 or the Sanus NF30.

How can I remove my speakers from my stand without damaging the bottom of the speaker since its stuck with the adhesive material?

Found a solution that secures Motion 2’s to the stand is able to angle in many different ways. I have it so the Motion 2’s faces are vertical. No fear of speaker dropping off the stand - they can’t - only way it drops is if someone topples over the entire stand.

Went with Motion 2’s because they are just below 3lbs each.

Used one set Sanus HTB3 Adjustable Speaker Stands for Satellite Speakers up to 4 lbs
One (for each side) SPK811 Universal Speaker Mounts For Speakers Up to 20 lbs

Both kits had the necessary screws to mount the Motion 2. The SPK811 had M5 screws that was a tight fit into the wall bracket it came with and the HTB3 had M5 nuts that I attached to the T-plates it came with.

The SPK811 ball joint has a 1/4”-20 screw that is a perfect match to the mount on the back of the Motion 2. Will be the same for the Motion 4s. Tightened the ball to whatever position/angle I like, just so happens to allow my Motion 2 to stay vertical.

6B80885E-0127-48E3-839E-86FFFB6010F2.jpeg

The Motion 2s happen to swing upside down during the setup and I left them that way, seems like a perfect position for the wires and how the weight plus the lines of the speakers would flow. Do not notice any audible difference whether they are up-right or upside-down, so kept them upside-down in order for the speaker wires to sit nicely.

8C7733EA-A81D-4815-8E3D-63EB8C48012C.jpeg

the SPK811 ball joint should work with the Sanus EFSAT stand if you really want to use the heavier Motion 4s. You might need a few screws (easy found at any hardware store). I would recommend just purchasing the SPK811 and the stand that will support your Motion 2or4 because they will likely already have the necessary screw in the kit.

Found a solution that secures Motion 2’s to the stand is able to angle in many different ways. I have it so the Motion 2’s faces are vertical. No fear of speaker dropping off the stand - they can’t - only way it drops is if someone topples over the entire stand.

Went with Motion 2’s because they are just below 3lbs each.

Used one set Sanus HTB3 Adjustable Speaker Stands for Satellite Speakers up to 4 lbs
One (for each side) SPK811 Universal Speaker Mounts For Speakers Up to 20 lbs

Both kits had the necessary screws to mount the Motion 2. The SPK811 had M5 screws that was a tight fit into the wall bracket it came with and the HTB3 had M5 nuts that I attached to the T-plates it came with.

The SPK811 ball joint has a 1/4”-20 screw that is a perfect match to the mount on the back of the Motion 2. Will be the same for the Motion 4s. Tightened the ball to whatever position/angle I like, just so happens to allow my Motion 2 to stay vertical.

View attachment 22192

The Motion 2s happen to swing upside down during the setup and I left them that way, seems like a perfect position for the wires and how the weight plus the lines of the speakers would flow. Do not notice any audible difference whether they are up-right or upside-down, so kept them upside-down in order for the speaker wires to sit nicely.

View attachment 22193

the SPK811 ball joint should work with the Sanus EFSAT stand if you really want to use the heavier Motion 4s. You might need a few screws (easy found at any hardware store). I would recommend just purchasing the SPK811 and the stand that will support your Motion 2or4 because they will likely already have the necessary screw in the kit.

Elegant solution!

I used "ball joint" brackets to mount rear speakers at the wall/celing intersection in my 5.1 surround system where there is no wall for mounting. Works great!

Back