MOTION bookshelves vs panels

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BigGuy

Reaction score
Have owned M-L ESL floorstanders for years but now looking for a pair of bookshelf speakers. I see where there are several "lines" of MOTION bookshelves
What is best source of information on the characteristics that make the lines differ?
For those that own or have auditioned both, which MOTION would have sound qualities most similar to panels?

For those that own or have auditioned both, which MOTION would have sound qualities most similar to panels?
The motion series with the larger Folded-Motion tweeter are the closest, so 35XTi or the new B100 would be my choice.

If listening nearfield (<8' away from the speaker ), I'd look at coaxial options from Kef or ELAC, as the coincident dispersion characteristics really help at close range.

The motion series with the larger Folded-Motion tweeter are the closest, so 35XTi or the new B100 would be my choice.

If listening nearfield (<8' away from the speaker ), I'd look at coaxial options from Kef or ELAC, as the coincident dispersion characteristics really help at close range.
Will check them out. Thanks.

I have a pair of Motion 4 as my computer desktop speakers. For the size they sound very good. Good highs and mids but they don't go very low obviously. I use my old Descent sub with it.

I have a pair of Motion 4 as my computer desktop speakers. For the size they sound very good. Good highs and mids but they don't go very low obviously. I use my old Descent sub with it.
Motion 4 listed as discontinued. Motion Foundation B2 may be replacement?!

Motion 4 listed as discontinued. Motion Foundation B2 may be replacement?!
There are more motion bookshelf speakers to choose from too. I doubt anyone on here has heard these brand new Foundation speakers. The price is better on them.

Back