Monolith

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glockonfire

Reaction score
I have a pair of the first monoliths #138 and #139. I was just wondering what they are worth? Panels have very little hours on them. Subs were just replaced.

Thank you

It depends on many factors.

Is this a Monolith I with the original ported woofer?

Have the panels ever been replaced?

If both panels and woofers have been updated in the last couple of years, and cabinetry is in very good condition, then it could be worth $2,500 to $3,000 for the set.

I got my mint Monolith III for $3000.00 with passive x-overs 3 years ago. I still see MINT Monolith III go for about this much.

Its actually funny the reason the panels have such low hours on them is because they were though not to be in working condition. So they set in the garage. When I got them they both powered up and one was in working condition. After I let them sit for 2 years in my office vowing to fix them some day. I started looking on the internet and I took the side peices off and started to remove the panel to switch it to the other side. a wire was unpluged from the panel. The speakers have been sitting unplugged for 20 years. So I replaced the woofers and tested them out. The sound is simply amazing even with a $600 receiver. I have never heard such a loud clear amazing speaker before.

Are Monolith 1's better than 2 and 3s?

Thank you

Sounds like they are the original panels, in which case you have a nice frame, and some new woofers, that's it.

Monolith III were the best of that line.

Value is maybe 1,000 if that.

They need new panels to be serviceable.

Back