ML Sources vs Electro Motions ESL's

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JamesSpyder

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,
Tested out the ML Source's finally at BB in my area, I have to say very nice speakers, Looks & Quality are awesome. Sound is very impressive, you do have to find that sweet spot.

What is the difference between the new Electro-Motion vs the Sources, is it just the panel lenght, Electro 34" vs Source 28".

is the 6" of panel length on the Electro going to make a big difference, what about the rest isn't the subwoofer the same 8".

Price wise the Source's you can get for $1375 VS. $1995 but I can hold off a little and wait to see if the Electro will come down on price, I seen one website , offering $899 each.

I have presently Emotiva UPA-7 amp & UMC-1, 2-Ultra 10" Subs, and PS3, I want to get someday a Panasonic PT-AE4000u

Looking forward to any thoughts you guys have. THANKS

I doubt that the price will come down that much on the Motions.

I would be concerned about the price shown on that site unless you feel very secure about that site.

The big problem with waiting is that all the Source speakers may be gone before you can hear an Electro in order to compare the two.

Check the ML web site for retailers online before shopping on the net

Why risk it when spending that kinda money just to save $200

You end up with broken speakers and no one to fix em

Latest posts

Back