Source vs Motion 12

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ace R.

Reaction score
Hey guys what are your thoughts on the Sources vs Motion 12s? I auditioned the Motions at Best Buy and they sounded pretty good but I wasn't too keen on the design.

The Sources Ive heard before and always loved how they looked so when I saw they were in my price range on amazon I bought a pair.

So did I make the right choice? Any input would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Hi Ace, I had the same thoughts ... I heard the Motion 10 and 12's when I was only looking for a center channel and after I decided hands down I would go for a set of 12's with an ML center, the rep said, "...Wait a sec. ... I have one more speaker I want you to hear ..." that was the ML Source ... WOW!!! ... hands down, way better sound stage, bass, mid range, etc. than I have ever heard especially when I sat down in the "sweet" spot (my wife, bless her, calls it the "w*t" spot; what wonderful WAF support)...; anyway just amazing ... so I believe you made the right choice ... long story short, I waited a bit and heard a few other ML stats up the food chain and for the $$ settled on a 3 year old pair of Vantages (amazing...was afraid to hear anything higher up on the ML chain)

... The Sources are great though, I loved them, my wife loved them ... you will not be disappointed ... give them time to break in ... the ones I auditioned were at BB for a while but they were still fantastic ... tell your wife, Jim said they are the perfect choice ... Good Luck and as Roberto says, "Happy Listening"... Best, Jim

Hey Jim. Haha that's a great story. Thanks for your input. Can't wait till they arrive.

Hockey: Thanks for your feedback.

:rocker:

Motions don't hold a candle to the source. :) I even listen to the new ESL motion or electro motion (whatever they are called) compared to the sources. The new Electromotions seemed very flat and had no punch to them. While ML say they need a break in period, I don't think it would of made that much of a difference.

Got them all set up and I absolutely love them! Definitely glad I went with these.

Thanks for all your input fellas!

Latest posts

Back