ML Sequel II's

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi All

First post here. So Hi from Andy in the U.K.

Have recently bought a pair of Sequel II's very pleased with them so far, but have a couple of questions.

There are 2 different drive units in the Sub enclosures (visual look only) one could be a replacement unit but I'm unsure. Can any one tell me what the correct unit is. Make and Model number would be great.

Having checked the electronics unit the capacitors on the XO board look like they could do with replacing, but there are no values noted on the caps i.e Capacitance and voltage rating.

Could anyone offer any help in this matter, it would be greatly appreciated. Though I live in the UK if you know where to buy any of the drive units from, it would be a great help.

Cheers in advance and look forward to contributing to the forum

Andy - SDDW

Hi All

First post here. So Hi from Andy in the U.K.

Have recently bought a pair of Sequel II's very pleased with them so far, but have a couple of questions.

There are 2 different drive units in the Sub enclosures (visual look only) one could be a replacement unit but I'm unsure. Can any one tell me what the correct unit is. Make and Model number would be great.

Having checked the electronics unit the capacitors on the XO board look like they could do with replacing, but there are no values noted on the caps i.e Capacitance and voltage rating.

Could anyone offer any help in this matter, it would be greatly appreciated. Though I live in the UK if you know where to buy any of the drive units from, it would be a great help.

Cheers in advance and look forward to contributing to the forum

Andy - SDDW

Hola Andy I am from Costa Rica...ML has a super great service...just contact Mr Jim Power ([email protected]) and ask him all what you would like to know regarding your new babies...you can still buy from ML anything you might need for them...and a very good price too. Just give him the serial numbers and he will advise you the best!...happy listening,
Roberto.

Hi Roberto

Cheers for your reply, I have just fired off a mail to Jim. Hopefully he will get back to me soon, as I would like the issue sorted quite soon.

Well though it's early for you guys further West of me, and over a stretch of water it is getting late here and I have to get up by 04:00 for work.

Will let you know how I get on, and I will have some further question later.

Cheers

Andy - SDDW

Welcome Andy.. Nice moniker.. What does it mean?

Hi TomDac

A lot of years ago (far more than I care to remember) I insulted, in a kind and sensitive way a mate of mine who lives out in the country side where a lot of sheep live. I called him a 'Sheep Sha****g T**t' you get my drift there.

In reply he said that's fine coming from a 'Sand Dancing Donkey Walker' as I live on the coast very close to the beach where there use to be Donkey rides in the summer.

So it seemed like I may as well get some use out of the best insut I have ever had.:cool:

Andy - SDDW

Hi All

Just a quick update.

I have got to the bottom of the speaker Quacking noise, it is the speaker wire that goes from the termination block through the speaker to the cone to the voice coil, where it is attached the cable is loose and causing the noise. Will be sorted soon :D.

I now only need the Crossover Schematics for the Sequel II's so I can replace the crossover capacitors that appear to be showing signs of age. They are badly stained and look like they are possibly starting leak?
So anyone with the circuit diagram I would be really pleased to hear from you, and I can get these beasts working to their best.

Will post any further info, and I'm sure I will be posting further question soon.

Cheers All

Andy - SDDW

Latest posts

Back