ML Grotto Subs

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

phuture

Reaction score
Have a question. I have two ML Grotto subs in my 5.1 channel Home Theater setup. One sub is at the front left and the other is in the right rear of the room . The room is 14x 20 feet in diameter. Does any body have a proper procedure to set them up to make them sound better. They sound great now but wanted to see if anybody else has a different opinion. They are running off of a Marantz AV8003 preamp using a "y" splitter to single unbalanced cables to each of the subs. Any input would be great.

speakers

Hello Gary,

My front mains are Definitive Technology BP20's, the center channel is a Definitive Technology Mythos 10 And the rears are Definitive Technology BP1.2x. The two Grottos are setup as LFE. One is in the left front corner and the other one is in the right rear corner of the room. I am toying with the idea to sell the Def Techs and pick up 2 vantages for the front mains, use 2 fresco for the rear surrounds, but here is my problem. When i gutted the room to do the install I made the Mythos 10 center channel flush (pocket) in the wall. I only have 6 inchs in height and 4 inches deep. length is no problem LOL. So the motif center I Wanted to use wont fit. The only Center that ML makes which will fit in my application is the motion C. I am weary right now to drop the ball on getting the vantages and the fresco's due to the fact that I really like the Motif but cant find anybody around me who used the motion C with the vantages and am not sure how the will blend together. Any Ideas ?

Back