ML CLS Panel Question

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

john65b

Reaction score
Hey all,

Just picked up a pair of CLS IIz speakers and previous owned believed the panels were not original to the CLS IIz interfaces...anyway the panel serial starts out CS2AB, which puts it all the way out to 1989...So what panels originally came with the CLS IIz interfaces? They do not have the space on spars like the original CLS (all closed spars) and also have the clear quadrilateral spars too...

Also, I have a few ICEPower and Hypex amps and I know ICEPower Modules do not like capacitive loads like ESLs - per manual, max capacitive load is 470nf....anyone know what the capacitive loading of CLS speakers panels are? I have a LC meter somewhere, but been to busy listening to them to take the reading....

I have two other pairs of bare stator panels (CLS and CLS IIz), DIY frames, and interfaces, and these newly purchased CLS IIz were to be my project "control". I picked up some 6um mylar and have been experimenting with coatings (Lycron Crystal, Laurel Sulfate) as well as 120v - 6.3v Toroids run backwards for interface step ups....so far so good...

I also experimented with 6um Aluminum coated mylar for a CLS diaphragm (Constant Voltage) and sounded pretty nice - even tho some in-the-know indicate that "Constant Voltage" designs are higher in distortion vs "Constant Charge" design, but I could not detect any difference....

Back