Member Pics!

• Thread starter trippinbillies40
  • Start date
MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
nope, it is a C-17 - all of the 141s are retired now...they kept some around for a little, but those are done now too.

I used to stabilize C-141's for missle container off-load. That was before the C-17's were released though. Those C-17's are beautiful aircraft.

Are you still active duty, or are you out now?

Dan

A Mikado makes the Grade !

Just after working their "butts off", that being the Locomotive and the Fireman while ascending to the summitt @ Cumbres Pass, ele 10,015 ft. the engineer NOW lets the fireman take control of the throttle !!

Attachments

• OJ2E7345.JPG
    OJ2E7345.JPG
    57.8 KB · Views: 396
Thanks.

I was driving a 308.

It was a Ferrari gathering and some guy shows up with his "Fcar" (GT40)
The nerve of him. ;)

Hehe, I saw a few people standing around it ;)

As Ferraris go, how is the 308's costs on maintenance, etc?

Hehe, I saw a few people standing around it ;)

Figure a pair of Summit's each year and you ought to have it covered! LOL! Actually I am under the impression that 308's are not terrible from that stand point.

I know the Porsche 928 has a bad rep for being expensive, but it is my experience that if you buy a good one in the beginning and don't abuse it (that does NOT mean you can't drive it fast...just passed a guy on a 2 lane today, I was doing 130!) they don't cost that much to maintain. When they break it is usually like a steering rack, or a seal in the trans or gasket in the engine. The one thing that the late 80's cars seem to have problems with are rear A/C units springing leaks! That IS expensive because it is a proprietary hose that starts leaking and you can ONLY get it from Porsche and the thing is like $800! Steering racks can also be a problem in those same years at about $1200 total repair bill. Those tend to be recurrent problems too.

Figure a pair of Summit's each year and you ought to have it covered! LOL! Actually I am under the impression that 308's are not terrible from that stand point.

I know the Porsche 928 has a bad rep for being expensive, but it is my experience that if you buy a good one in the beginning and don't abuse it (that does NOT mean you can't drive it fast...just passed a guy on a 2 lane today, I was doing 130!) they don't cost that much to maintain. When they break it is usually like a steering rack, or a seal in the trans or gasket in the engine. The one thing that the late 80's cars seem to have problems with are rear A/C units springing leaks! That IS expensive because it is a proprietary hose that starts leaking and you can ONLY get it from Porsche and the thing is like $800! Steering racks can also be a problem in those same years at about $1200 total repair bill. Those tend to be recurrent problems too.

I was doing a little reading. 328s are supposedly better for maintenance than 308s. BUT, the 30k mile service is $5k =o

The logic in the article was weekend driving should be about 6k a year so 30k miles is 5 years so $1k a year isn't too bad.

It's amazing that $100k/yr don't go very far anymore.

That's what scares most folks, the maintenance.

The belts,tension bearings and water pump are the main things you have to do as a "major" maintenance every 5 years or, i forgot the mileage.

That will cost you about $5k maybe a little more if you need to take care of the "unexpected" things that might pop up.:rolleyes:

But other than that it's just a "European car".

The fuel system is the same as James Porsches.

When i bought the car 14 years ago, everybody was telling me "who's gonna touch that??"

Well i hooked up with a few Ferrari folks, around my area, that have a idea of what they are doing and got my "major" done. Cost me $500 in parts and lunch. :)

Just like this site.
Good people that will help you out with questions on audio/video. :)

Attachments

• Chris308-2.JPG
    Chris308-2.JPG
    29.9 KB · Views: 467
  • MVC-365F.JPG
    MVC-365F.JPG
    87.7 KB · Views: 468
Wow lots of fun hobbies here ;)

Wink needs to tell me more about his 'Busa!

Well.......It's a 2002 Limited Edition Midnight Falkon; 172 hp at the crank, 158hp at the wheel; 100 ft lbs torque; Akrapovic Evolution full titanium exhaust; Powercommander IIIusb; And a whole lotta fun!:rocker: :rocker: :rocker:

What part of Phoenix do you live in?

Last edited:
I'm on the Scottsdale/Phoenix border.

My dad is a huge bike fan. He has an Aprilia dual-sport and a BMW 1100RT.

I've always liked those Busas though :)

Here's a new member pic.....Chico....Well he's a member of my family and my listening buddy, and he also sits next to me when I'm the computer. So, in a round about way he IS a member and an M-L fan.:D

DAn

Attachments

• IMG_2514.JPG
    IMG_2514.JPG
    120.6 KB · Views: 372
Wife and I in AZ a couple years ago, on our way to CES/THE show (which awoke my long dormant audiophile genes).

Attachments

• A&E.jpg
    A&E.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 371
Here's a picture of me with Suzi Perry at the MotoGP race in 2005 at Laguna Seca,CA. Both of us were dealing with the heat,it was around mid 90's that day.

Here's a picture of me with Suzi Perry at the MotoGP race in 2005 at Laguna Seca,CA. Both of us were dealing with the heat,it was around mid 90's that day.

LOVE MotoGP! Man those guys are just AMAZING! What they do with a motorcycle defies the laws of physics! They are amazing. I LOVED riding my Hurricane 600, even tried a track school, but realized I was not that gifted! I did ok w/ Moto-X...up till I broke my back doing it anyway!

Now I race Porsche's, I am better at that!

A smashed computer nerd in Destin, FL smokin' a stogie
and sipping a single-malt scotch on the rocks...

Attachments

• scotch_cigar_and_beach.jpg
    scotch_cigar_and_beach.jpg
    90.5 KB · Views: 357
Previously I posted that two of my other hobbies were medieval re-enactment and letterpress printing. Here is a pic of me combining both! I was teaching a workshop on "Period Printing", aimed at printing during the "Incunabular" period (1450-1500). Granted the press I'm using for this was NOT period, but it worked on the same principals. (And besides, a period "common" press weighs about 1500lbs and is a little tough to cart about!).

In this pic, I'm dressed in early 15th c. Flemish garb, and I'm stitching a chapbook (which was actually the handout for the class). Also seen in the foreground is a composing stick full of type, and various printers and bookbinders tools.

--Richard C.

Attachments

• Padraig-01.jpg
    Padraig-01.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 337
Previously I posted that two of my other hobbies were medieval re-enactment and letterpress printing. Here is a pic of me combining both! I was teaching a workshop on "Period Printing", aimed at printing during the "Incunabular" period (1450-1500). Granted the press I'm using for this was NOT period, but it worked on the same principals. (And besides, a period "common" press weighs about 1500lbs and is a little tough to cart about!).

In this pic, I'm dressed in early 15th c. Flemish garb, and I'm stitching a chapbook (which was actually the handout for the class). Also seen in the foreground is a composing stick full of type, and various printers and bookbinders tools.

--Richard C.

I take it you're not too much of a fan of the 21st century e-book, eh? Just kidding.

My listening buddy and me in front of the 'logans. My wife is unfortunately not a listening buddy!

Attachments

• IMG_1160a.jpg
    IMG_1160a.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 310
Back