Mcintosh or Emotiva Amp for Martin Logan Speakers?

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mamba24

Reaction score
Well guys, I stepped up and got the Mcintosh MC303 to power my Ethos and StageX and a Mcintosh MC205 to power my rears (4 Motion 15's) and a Mcintosh MX151 as my pre pro with AudioQuest Niagara XLR cables and AudioQuest Diamond HDMI cables and AudioQuest Rocket 88 speaker cables. I hope it sounds good. Will let you guys know how it sounds. Ill post some pics once it's all installed in about a week. Can't wait!!!!! Thanks to all of you who replied to my thread about Which amp should I get. I still have the Emotiva XPR-5 and XPR-2, gonna install them in my bedroom. Thanks again to everyone.

I still have the Emotiva XPR-5 and XPR-2, gonna install them in my bedroom.

How did the Emotivas sound with your ML set? Not quite what you expected so that's why you stepped up to McIntosh? It's great if you could share your experience with these amps so other members, especially new ones, can have some guidance/info when they look for amps or consider these to pair up with their ML speakers. Thanks.

Great choice on the MCintosh amp! Totally in another league compared to the mid fi Emotiva stuff! The bedroom is a great place for Emo gear, but our ML's deserve better!

Back